[SOLVED] Pack Download button doesn't work

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Re: Sims 3 64 bit Expansion download issues (Mac)

★★ Novice
@MmndlC i think it may be the new Mac OS update because I’m having the exact same issues and it only happened after I updated my computer
Message 10 of 46 (813 Views)

Can't download pack from origin

★ Apprentice

Hi,

I purchased Sims 3 Master Suite stuff from Origin last night and can't download it. I downloaded the 64 bit Sims 3 and other packs I already had with no problem. I've test played and every pack I own is in my game. Now in trying to download Master Suite Stuff, it won't work. I've tried many solutions: clearing cache, doing a clean uninstall of Origin and then reinstalling, repairing my game, resetting Origin, doing a software update on my computer and booting up in safe mode. Now after being instructed to try uninstalling and reinstalling the game, I can't download any of my packs. The base game works fine and I've been told the issue isn't the game itself. I don't know what else to do to fix this issue.

Message 11 of 46 (809 Views)

Re: big sur mac os sims 3

[ Edited ]

@hollyguldenzopf  Please let me know whether you have the Origin technical preview running; it should say so across the top of the Origin window.  If you do have it, disable it and restart Origin.

If that doesn't help or you aren't using the technical preview, please try the workaround in post 6 of this thread:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/Sims-3-64-bit-packs-won-t-download/m-p/9788377#M14594

@AtopCloudNine  I've merged your post with the master thread for this issue.  Please try the above, and let me know what OS you have and whether you're running the technical preview.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 12 of 46 (796 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Sorry I just saw this. I am not running the technical preview and I am running OS Big Sur 11.0.01. I was having this issue before I updated my computer and was running Catalina if that means anything. Auto updates were already on so I tried the work around but that didn't fix the issue.

Message 13 of 46 (782 Views)

Got Sims 3 Starter pack, but only base game downloaded

★ Apprentice

Just bought the Sims 3 Starter Pack which includes base game, Late Night Expansion, and High End Stuff Pack. After the base game downloaded, it didn't automatically download the two other packs. I went into the expansion and stuff pack area where you see the game info to see if I could download it there. As I tried pressing the download button, it still wouldn't download. I even tried quitting out of origin and restarting my computer but that didn't work either.  It would suck if I just payed $21 just to get this game and be only to play just the base game when it came with 2 other packs. I also play on a MacBook if that helps any. Hope someone sees this, in the meantime I will be playing the Sims 4 until I get this situated. Hope someone sees this, thanks! 

Message 14 of 46 (777 Views)

★★ Novice
@AtopCloudNine I have the same problem as well! I have contacted EA helpers and they said the problem would go away once I updated my MacOs to Big Sur. But so far, I still cannot download the packs! They also said wait for a period of time before trying to redownload it again Frown but idk how long should I wait
Message 15 of 46 (762 Views)

Re: SIMS 3 64 BIT

★ Apprentice
@puzzlezaddict I did this with mine and the technical preview was already disabled and auto game updates was already enabled. I tried to do what you said and it didn't work :/
Message 16 of 46 (753 Views)

Re: Got Sims 3 Starter pack, but only base game downloaded

@jewelblanco17 and @AtopCloudNine  I'm not sure what's going on, but I'll ask around to see if there's anything else you can do.

@lamthien900  Just in case it helps, please try this workaround, from page one:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/Sims-3-64-bit-packs-won-t-download/m-p/9788377#M14594

Message 17 of 46 (746 Views)

Re: Sims 3 64-bit packs won't download

★★ Novice

Hey, neither work around worked for me as both settings were already set to this Frown Anyone have any other ideas, kind of desperate!

Message 18 of 46 (723 Views)

Re: Sims 3 64-bit packs won't download

@MmndlC  The idea is actually to start with auto updates disabled, then enable them and quit and reopen Origin.  If the setting is already enabled, disable it first, run the Origin reset tool, and reenable the updates.  And it's a good idea to repair the game after reseting Origin as well.

It looks like there isn't a good solution to this right now though.  I've asked around to see if there's anything else you and other players can try, and I'll post back if I hear anything.

Message 19 of 46 (711 Views)