[SOLVED] 64-bit Sims 3 content not in Origin library

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Re: The Sims 3 (64 bit & Metal) still hasn't appeared in my game library...

★★★★★ Apprentice

I'm on catalina 10.15.7 and spoke to someone at EA support about and they told me that my device isn't compatible now which I'm very confused about.

I have no issues whatsoever playing the sims 4 and I play the 64-bit version too. They told me that because I didn't purchase the base game through origin I needed to contact the retailer for a refund. Even though I explaind I bought the game 9 years ago. I'm super confused tbh, but I think we'll just have to keep waiting.

Message 31 of 694 (2,113 Views)

Re: The Sims 3 (64 bit & Metal) still hasn't appeared in my game library...

★★★★★ Apprentice

I still don't have it either. I contacted EA last night and they told me to wait.

Message 32 of 694 (2,092 Views)

Re: 64-bit Sims 3 content not in Origin library

[ Edited ]

@Techkoningin  This should all be sorted out soon enough (hopefully), and maybe faster than trying to find a support rep who will help.  It's entirely possible that whether support can help depends on the reason why someone's content isn't appearing, but regardless, everyone should get their content eventually.

@Maradona2314  I've merged your post into the master thread for this issue.  It should be sorted out soon enough; please see the first post for details.

@CPPatrillo  It has nothing to do with Big Sur; it's an account issue.  Please see above.

@Syannaxx  My guess is that the support rep was thinking of how Catalina doesn't run the 32-bit version of TS3.  A Mac that runs Catalina also supports the 64-bit version, other than a few people who force-installed Catalina on incompatible Macs, and even on an incompatible system you'd still see the new version in your game library.  At any rate, this should be sorted out soon enough.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 33 of 694 (2,077 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Nothing for me yet either. Bought the vast majority of my games, including the original TS3 ages ago on CD, registered them all on thesims3.com and all have been in my Origin since circa 2014. Definitely not a recent add.

Message 34 of 694 (2,035 Views)

I can´t find the sims 3 64bit in my library

★★★★★ Novice

Hello Standard smile I can´t seem to find the new sims 3 64 bit version for Mac in my library, and I don´t know who to contact. I live in Scandinavia and I´m not sure if it´s out here yet, but I thought it was released everywhere yesterday. Anyone who can help me?

Thanks in advance! Standard smile

Message 35 of 694 (2,037 Views)

@BillieSax  I've merged your post into the master thread for this issue.  Please see the first post on page one for more information.

If you're comfortable in English, you can change the location in the upper right corner of the browser window to U.S. or U.K. for possibly faster responses.  Live chat should be available close to 24 hours a day.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 36 of 694 (2,025 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict Thank youStandard smile Do you know who I might be able to contact to see if the version is available to me? I´ve heard of a lot of people who´ve contacted customer support and gotten the version from them, but I´m not sure who to specifically get in touch with.
Message 37 of 694 (2,021 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Having this problem

Spoke with someone on live chat,  just told me the new version will show up automatically, and when I repeated to her that it hadn't and that's why I contacted support, she just told me to delete my cache, which didn't work. Hopefully this gets resolved soon. 

Message 38 of 694 (2,018 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@puzzlezaddict I think you're right!! I opened origin and there's an update coming out in about 45 minutes so maybe it's coming then? Will wait and see.
Message 39 of 694 (2,012 Views)

★★ Guide

I just randomly refreshed my Origin and lo and behold! the 64-bit version is there. I did try to contact support several times - however, none of them were helpful. So as far as I'm concerned I got the entitlement after...waiting. Now the suspense on whether it'll work... 

Message 40 of 694 (2,004 Views)