Re: Metal Version of TS3 Not In My Library: Origin Only List 32-bits

by samsam713

Original Post

Re: Sims 3 game won't install

@Vauxguy  It sounds like you might be installing the 32-bit version of Sims 3.  Please make sure you download the version that says 64-bit on it:

DL 64-bit.png

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 211 of 694 (394 Views)

★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict Hi,

Thanks for you reply 

just checked and yes I do have the 32-bit version, do you know how I would download the 64-bit version. Can I get a free update or do you think I will need to purchase a new game 

Message 212 of 694 (381 Views)

Re: the sims 3 (64 bit) base game incompatible

Community Manager (retired)

Hi @annasofiaelina,

That's not great but if you can play on your PC, it's not too bad. Though I'd happily look into this for you should you decide you want to give it another shot. Standard smile

@rhirhi022 Great news! Happy Simming! Party hat 

@neilh_lfc Were you able to resolve this by contacting EA Help?

- Leeloo

Leeloo.png

Stay and Play.png
Message 213 of 694 (831 Views)

@Vauxguy  Please make sure you don't already have the 64-bit version—it might be hidden in your game library.  Click the Filter button in the upper right corner of the window and dismiss all filters.

If you still don't see the 64-bit version, you'll need to contact EA customer support to ask that the "entitlements," as they're called, be added to your account for the base game and any packs you own.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

You certainly don't need and shouldn't have to buy a second copy of the game; the 64-bit version is supposed to be free for anyone who already owns the old version.  And buying another copy might help either, because at least as of now, many people who newly buy the game end up needing to contact support to get the 64-bit version added anyway.

Message 214 of 694 (374 Views)

How can I redeem the 64-bit version?

★ Guide

Hello! I've been trying to install The Sims 3 through Origin. I have the game for quite a bit and since Catalina I could not play it.

Now that we have a 64 bit of the game, I tried to install it, but I only have the 32 bit version on Origin (Origin doesn't let me install this one):

Captura de Tela 2020-12-10 às 09.14.14.png

How can I redeem the 64 bit version? Or where is it listed so I can access it?

Thanks!

Message 215 of 694 (426 Views)

Re: How can I redeem the 64-bit version?

@arthrfrts  Double-check that the game isn't hidden by a filter: you can click the Filter button in the upper right corner of your Origin game library and dismiss all filters.

If you do not in fact have the 64-bit version, you'll need to contact EA customer support to request that the "entitlements," as they're called, be added to your account for the 64-bit versions of the base game and the packs you own.

Message 216 of 694 (412 Views)

Re: How can I redeem the 64-bit version?

★ Guide
@puzzlezaddict Thanks! I had to contact the customer support, but now I have it!
Message 217 of 694 (409 Views)

Metal Version of TS3 Not In My Library: Origin Only List 32-bits

★★ Guide

As the title says, I do not see the Metal version of the game in my library. The FAQ section says that it should automatically pops up.

Message 218 of 694 (839 Views)

@samsam713  The 64-bit version should be available, but it may be filtered out of your Origin library.  So please open your game library, click on the Filter button in the upper right corner, and dismiss all filters.

If the 64-bit version doesn't show up, you'll need to contact EA customer support to ask that the "entitlements," as they're called, for the 64-bit versions of your base game and packs be added to your account.

Message 219 of 694 (836 Views)

★★ Guide

I have contacted EA Support and they were able to solve the issue. Thank you, @puzzlezaddict!

Message 220 of 694 (813 Views)