Re: Can't add my expansion and stuff packs to origin account

by funcrunch

Original Post

Re: [SOLVED] 64-bit Sims 3 content not in Origin library

@Sarah_Spence2000  I've merged your post with the master thread on this issue.  You'll need to contact EA customer support to get this fixed.  Please see the first post for more information.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 131 of 694 (859 Views)

Re: [SOLVED] 64-bit Sims 3 content not in Origin library

★★ Novice

yeah I was trying to avoid it, but that seems unlikely :-/ I tried to submit a help request earlier, but they don't offer customer support on sundays ig

Message 132 of 694 (855 Views)

Re: Sims 3 Expanisons in 64 bit won't download, but says installed in origin

★ Novice

my issue is that an expansion pack that works for other people (Into the Future), isn't working for me. Do I still have to wait for the entitlement thing? How does that process work?

Message 133 of 694 (816 Views)

Re: Sims 3 Expanisons in 64 bit won't download, but says installed in origin

@Markimooimoo  The process should have worked already.  If you're still unable to download Into the Future, or any pack you own, please contact EA customer support for help.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

Message 134 of 694 (813 Views)

★★★★ Novice

l'assistenza non sapeva cosa consigliarmi, non credevano al fatto che io non avessi the sims 3 64 bit metal nella mia libreria. Non so se deve aggiornarsi origin

Message 135 of 694 (794 Views)

@Davide780  You do not need to update Origin.  Do you have filters enabled in Origin?  You can check by clicking the Filter menu in the upper right corner of your Origin game library and clearing all filters.

You can also try running the Origin reset tool for macOS, which will force Origin to refresh its data.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/how-to-reset-origin-on-mac/

If you still don't see the 64-bit version, try contacting EA customer support again.  This time, take a screenshot of your Origin library showing that you don't have the content, and upload it when you make the help request.

Message 136 of 694 (772 Views)

Re: Can't download expansion packs for The Sims 3

★ Novice

I tried the EA live chat to ask about why it was saying ‘unlocked’ on my origin but I was told that they didn’t help with The Sims 3 anymore since it was such an old game... so should I try asking again? 

Message 137 of 694 (702 Views)

★★ Guide

I was finally able to get my entitlements by following your suggestions. I made sure filters were cleared in Origin, reset and reinstalled the Origin application, took a screenshot and reopened my EA support case showing I still didn't have the 64 bit version of Sims 3. This time I specifically asked for entitlements.

I had to specify by name all of my expansion packs and stuff packs even after explaining that I just wanted the 64 bit versions of everything I have purchased. I was in live chat for over 1/2 hour while the rep granted the entitlements but now they're all in my account available for me to download.

@puzzlezaddict wrote:

@Davide780  You do not need to update Origin.  Do you have filters enabled in Origin?  You can check by clicking the Filter menu in the upper right corner of your Origin game library and clearing all filters.

You can also try running the Origin reset tool for macOS, which will force Origin to refresh its data.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/how-to-reset-origin-on-mac/

If you still don't see the 64-bit version, try contacting EA customer support again.  This time, take a screenshot of your Origin library showing that you don't have the content, and upload it when you make the help request.

Message 138 of 694 (701 Views)

@AliciaHague  The support rep was incorrect, and it's kind of appalling that someone would say that.  So yes, definitely try again.

Message 139 of 694 (699 Views)

★ Novice

Yes I contacted them again and the rep managed to download them all for me! Gurpreet came thru

Message 140 of 694 (780 Views)