Re: 64-bit Sims 3 content not in Origin library

by iscool87

Original Post

★ Guide

It's been in my origin library since 2014, haha. But yeah, I'm seeing people with errors who downloaded the game as well. Hopefully both of our issues will be fixed! 

Message 11 of 694 (3,698 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Im in Aus and have the same problem. i woke up really excited but alas. Im hoping it will roll out today sometime if only so i can leave it to download via crappy wifi overnight.

Message 12 of 694 (3,441 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I've had Sims 3 in my Origin library since it launched in 2009. I have the same issue as @criisreverte

Message 13 of 694 (3,432 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

So has anyone who didn't have the game at launch gotten it since?

Message 14 of 694 (3,393 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I don't have it yet, either! (Not that I have time to play this week LOL) Patiently waiting. 

Message 15 of 694 (3,374 Views)

Sims 3 Won't Install - MAC

★★★ Newbie

I just bought the Sims 3 and to my disappointment, the game is unable to install. The message of "we've encountered a problem," keeps popping up. I read that with Mac's OS Catalina, the Sims 3 is unable to run properly. I also saw that there is supposed to be a new version of the game that runs on the new OS. Any updates on when that will happen?

Message 16 of 694 (3,319 Views)

Re: Sims 3 Won't Install - MAC

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Open Origin, select your Games Library, click on the Sims 3 then the Extra Content tab, and locate Ambitions. Next, click on the Download button and follow any prompts about the disk space it will use. Ambitions should start downloading. During the download process, the only option you should get in the orange button is to pause the download. You should also see a little window showing the download process: 

When it has finished downloading the orange button should change to Install, you should get a dialogue window with your product code to copy, and the external game installer should automatically open. If you’re reading this then probably none of those three things has happened and instead you’re seeing this: 

When it has finished downloading the orange button should change to Install, you should get a dialogue window with your product code to copy, and the external game installer should automatically open. If you’re reading this then probably none of those three things has happened and instead you’re seeing this: 

1. The Download button is still showing but the little window is showing that the download is complete.
  2. We now need to locate the game installer manually. In Origin, click on Origin > Preferences in the menu bar (next to the Apple icon, top left of your desktop). Now click on Installs & Saves in the Origin window, then Browse installers
  3. The DownloadCache Finder window will open and you will see the folder(s) containing the game installer(s): 
  4. Double click on the file ending in .dmg to open the installer (ignore the other file ending in .map). Your Mac will verify the installer: 
Message 17 of 694 (3,261 Views)

★★★ Novice
@champion_hustler still haven't gotten it. I've asked EA Help twice why this might be and both times i've received copy and paste answers. 1st time they didn't even know there was an update scheduled for release and insisted the sims 3 will not run on 'any verison of Catalina', before I showed them the thread by MaxisJoe, then they were like 'oh yes, it's coming today'...like what? I asked them 10 hours later and all they can tell me is 'the team is working on it'...incredibly frustrating.
Message 18 of 694 (3,361 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@jennynny Seems like i've gotten the exact same answers after first asking me "sorry i need more info i don't understand" Some people have spoken to 6 representatives and still got nothing whilst others get it on the first go so i'm assuming its really just luck of the draw. sigh
Message 19 of 694 (3,356 Views)

Re: Sims 3 64-bit Origin

[ Edited ]

@Lisa-ak99 

I moved your post to the TS3 mac section.

@puzzlezaddict 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 20 of 694 (3,366 Views)