Re: :((

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[SOLVED] 64-bit Sims 3 content not in Origin library

[ Edited ]

For anyone currently experiencing this issue, you'll need to contact EA customer support for help.  The keyword is "entitlements," as in, you'd like the support rep to add the 64-bit entitlements for the base game and/or any packs you're missing to your account.

I strongly recommend using live chat rather than email for this process.  If you're not seeing the option, try this link:

https://help.ea.com/en/help-contact-us/?product=the-sims-3&topic=missing-game&category=manage-my-acc...

Make sure you're signed into an EA site (this one is fine) before clicking the link and that the location in the lower-right corner of the browser window is set to U.S. or U.K.

If the support rep says this isn't possible or offers user-side troubleshooting advice, feel free to link this thread in the chat.

Previous updates:

Spoiler

Second update:  All entitlements, as they're called, for both the Sims 3 base game and for expansion and stuff packs should now be distributed, and all players should be able to download the 64-bit version of all their owned content.

If you own the base game or a pack but cannot download the 64-bit version, please contact EA customer support:

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

Specifically say that you play on a Mac and that you would like the entitlements for the 64-bit versions of your missing content added to your account.  If the first support rep doesn't understand, says they can't help, or claims this is not an issue, feel free to ask that your request be escalated to a manager.

Update:  Everyone who owns the Sims 3 base game should now also have a copy of the 64-bit game in Origin.  If you don't see it, please run the Origin reset tool for macOS and check again.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/how-to-reset-origin-on-mac/

If you still don't have the 64-bit base game, please contact EA customer support and ask for help.

Entitlements for packs are still lagging behind.

This is a collection thread for people who don't see the 64-bit version of Sims 3 in their Origin libraries, or who are missing one or more packs.

Entitlements are still being rolled out, according to EA.  Some special editions of the base game or packs, for example Limited Edition versions, haven't been added yet.  Additionally, very recent purchases are lagging behind.  For more information, please see this post:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/the-sims-3-64-bit-amp-metal-release/m-p/9652952#M8808

If you're missing Sims 3 content (and you're sure you're signed into the correct Origin account), please contact EA customer support for help.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 1 of 694 (33,746 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [SOLVED] 64-bit Sims 3 content not in Origin library

[ Edited ]

All entitlements, as they're called, for both the Sims 3 base game and for expansion and stuff packs should now be distributed, and all players should be able to download the 64-bit version of all their owned content.

If you own the base game or a pack but cannot download the 64-bit version, please contact EA customer support:

https://help.ea.com/en/help-contact-us/?product=the-sims-3&topic=missing-game&category=manage-my-acc...

Specifically say that you play on a Mac and that you would like the entitlements for the 64-bit versions of your missing content added to your account.  If the first support rep doesn't understand, says they can't help, or claims this is not an issue, feel free to ask that this be escalated.

View in thread

Message 122 of 694 (34,251 Views)

All Replies

Sims 3 64-bit Origin

★★★ Novice

Its released today, but for some reason it wont show up in Origin for me? Ive updated origin, but still it wont show up

Message 2 of 694 (33,254 Views)

The sims 3 mac showtime limited edition

★★★★ Novice

The sims 3 limited edition for showtime is not available for the 64 bit version. the original one is only available and I would have to purchase it to play it. I already have the limited edition one for the 32 bit version. Is there a plan to bring it over?

Message 3 of 694 (33,676 Views)

:((

★ Guide

I see this Frown

Captura de pantalla 2020-10-28 a las 6.32.39 p. m..png

Captura de pantalla 2020-10-28 a las 6.32.44 p. m..png

Captura de pantalla 2020-10-28 a las 6.32.30 p. m..png

BUT if i search for " the sims 3 64-bit & Metal" on the seach bar, a pack comes up but it says i have to pay for it wtf..

Captura de pantalla 2020-10-28 a las 6.35.43 p. m..png

Message 4 of 694 (33,708 Views)

[ Edited ]

@criisreverte  The Origin error is what happens if you try to install the old version of Sims 3 in Catalina.  You'll need to use the new one instead.  Since that's apparently not in your game library, I've merged your post with the thread on that specific issue.

@criisreverte  I've merged your post too.  Please see above.

Message 5 of 694 (33,676 Views)

★ Apprentice

Simmer from Egypt. Not available for me yet

Message 6 of 694 (33,629 Views)

★★ Guide

MaxisJoe did indicate that entitlements are still rolling out and hopefully done by the end of this week. I know waiting sucks but there we are... Plus I think the people who have been able to download the new version are having trouble getting it to load... so seems like something's afoot here... 

Message 7 of 694 (33,604 Views)

Re: 64-bit Sims 3 content not in Origin library

★ Guide

I contacted support and they didn't even know The Sims 3 64-Bit was released yet! I told them and then they replied saying they're still rolling out the game and it could take a couple of more hours. I wonder what qualified some people to get the game first. My Sims 3 versions were physical copies that I then added to my origin account to be digital. Maybe digital Sims 3 users got theirs first? 

Message 8 of 694 (33,578 Views)

★★ Guide
@iscool87 it depends on when you added it. if it was added within the last 7 days then you (and I for that matter) falls into the lag entitlement period where we missed the first stage of rollout and have to wait a bit longer (a few days...?).

think of this as a "blessing" in disguise guys. People are having a serious bug with verifying the game. maybe the bug will be fixed by the time we get our entitlement Wink
Message 9 of 694 (33,549 Views)

★ Guide

I'm wondering also. I have my games registered on thesims3.com and they're visible in Origin, except for the 64-bit version. 

I hope I can play today. I am so excited to play the Sims 3 again. 

Message 10 of 694 (33,537 Views)