SIMS 4 on Origin download issues - Mac

by lvia09

Original Post

Accepted Solution

SIMS 4 on Origin download issues - Mac

★ Novice

I bought SIMS 4 on Origin (which said it was Mac compatible) but it's greyed out in my Games Library. There are no download button options. When I click on the game itself, it tells me to 'Buy game for Mac', but this link just leads back to the game homepage (on which there is no 'buy' option because I've already bought the game!).

Message 1 of 5 (429 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: SIMS 4 on Origin download issues - Mac

@lvia09  The only way to play in macOS is to buy the game outright, as a standalone purchase.  And even then, also having Access can prevent you from launching the game, for whatever reason.

Origin usually has a sale around now, and another one for the winter holidays, so you could probably pick up the base game for cheap.  Just don't expect to be able to play if your Access subscription is still active.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 4 of 5 (365 Views)

All Replies

@lvia09  Do you have Origin Access?  The "Remove from Library" option suggests that either you got Sims 4 through Access, or Origin thinks that you did.  Otherwise, there would be an option to hide, but not to remove, the game.

Sims 4 is definitely compatible with macOS, but Access is not.  If you did in fact buy Sims 4 outright, there may not be a way to play it while your Access subscription is active, at least not on a Mac.  You can try clicking Remove from Library (at your own risk; I'm not sure this works), or speak to someone from EA customer support about your options.  But it might be that cancelling Access is the only way for you to be able to play.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

Message 2 of 5 (407 Views)

★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict Thanks for your reply! It looks like I got the game through Access, which I thought would be fine as it has details about both Windows and Mac platforms in the Sims game description.

Sorry if this is a silly question, but how else would I play the game on my laptop if not on Origin PC (only that option as well as Xbox and Playstation are on the EA site as ways to play the game)?
Message 3 of 5 (383 Views)

@lvia09  The only way to play in macOS is to buy the game outright, as a standalone purchase.  And even then, also having Access can prevent you from launching the game, for whatever reason.

Origin usually has a sale around now, and another one for the winter holidays, so you could probably pick up the base game for cheap.  Just don't expect to be able to play if your Access subscription is still active.

Message 4 of 5 (366 Views)

★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict Oh ok all makes sense! Thanks so much for your help.
Message 5 of 5 (356 Views)