Re: SIMS 4 NOT LOADING PROPERLY

by Kief0010

Original Post

SIMS 4 NOT LOADING PROPERLY

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hello, 

running on a mac, every time I try and load Sims 4 - it does not load properly and i can't get into the game. Also when im in the game i have to force quit because the exit button is not working either. 

Any help would be appreciated. 

Thank you,

Rene 

Message 1 of 3 (353 Views)

@Kief0010  Try running the Origin reset tool for macs and disabling Origin in-game.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/how-to-reset-origin-on-mac/

You can also try the "repair game" function within Origin—right-click on the TS4 icon to see the option.

If these steps don't help, try pulling your entire TS4 game folder out of Documents and onto your desktop.  When you launch the game again, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  If you can load and play a new save for a bit in this folder, you can start transferring your saves and other content into it from your old folder.  Move the files in small batches and test them to make sure the game still runs properly.

Also, you'll want to remove or edit the first screenshot that you attached, as it lists your computer's serial number.  You can take a smaller screenshot with cmd-shift-4 (drag your cursor over the section you want) or just copy your specs into a post.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (338 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hey! 

Thanks so much for your help, I will try it out tonight. 

Also thanks for the heads up on the photo! 

Message 3 of 3 (326 Views)