SIMS 4 CRASHING WHEN LOADING A HOUSEHOLD

by DewanBeukes

Original Post

SIMS 4 CRASHING WHEN LOADING A HOUSEHOLD

★ Apprentice

I just installed the newest sims 4 update. I can load into the game, but when trying to load into a household it crashes during the loading screen. I do not have Legacy, because my Mac is compatible with the new specs. I don't know what to do about this problem...because I don't want to reset everything, because I don't want to lose all my gameplay/builds. Can anyone please help me?

Message 1 of 5 (3,214 Views)

Re: SIMS 4 CRASHING WHEN LOADING A HOUSEHOLD

Hero
@DewanBeukes I moved your post to the mac forum but it might be a mod that's causing issues for you. Many are broken.

Here's a list: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/968717/broken-updated-mods-cc-university-edition

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 5 (3,203 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@crinrict this is happening to me too but i dont use cc
Message 3 of 5 (3,192 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

I am having the same exact problem on my PC. I've never had the game crash after a patch, the game settings would be reverted back to disable mods and still run normally sans mods.

I kept only custom clothes and makeup and removed everything else in my mods folder but was still crashing while loading a household. I had to remove all my mods for it to finally successfully load. I think the issue was that I kept now outdated traits in my mods folder.

Message 4 of 5 (3,174 Views)

★ Apprentice

Thanks! I will go throught the list. Because I removed all my mods and then it loads is. I even tried to see if if there is maybe something that makes mods not work but i downloaded a brand new mod and it works. So I also suspect that is a broken custom content or mod! Thanks again

Message 5 of 5 (3,167 Views)