SIMS 4 CAS Rotate and Sliders not working

by nickineurotic

Original Post

Accepted Solution

SIMS 4 CAS Rotate and Sliders not working

★★ Novice

I'm having a serious bug issue here and I'm not sure if anyone else is having it. After the latest patch my game was working totally fine (after I updated mods of course). I say this because I really don't think it would be a patch issue if it had been working fine in the days after the patch. But yesterday I started to be unable to use the right click>rotate feature. Basically, when I am in CAS I can right-click and drag to rotate my sim but but no matter what direction I turn my mouse the sim just rotates one way. I also can't adjust any sliders. If I click to adjust a body part it will ONLY go in one direction and not stop until it has minimized or maximized its size. I have removed all mods and reinstalled the game and I still have this issue. I tried different mice and tried to use it with the mouse pad and without to see if ANYTHING could be causing the issue. Nothing has fixed it. I originally would have thought it was a mod, but like I said, even without mods AND a fresh install nothing has changed. PLEASE HELP!

Message 1 of 8 (2,822 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: SIMS 4 CAS Rotate and Sliders not working

★★ Novice

It's fixed!!! I actually had to uninstall and reinstall ORIGIN! Confused

View in thread

Message 4 of 8 (2,797 Views)

All Replies

@nickineurotic

Move the whole Sims 4 folder to the desktop from Documents > Electronic Arts and launch a brand new clean game - does it still happen?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 8 (2,809 Views)

★★ Novice

It still happens when I do that. I actually took the folder out and dropped it on my desktop then uninstalled the game and reinstalled it and I'm still having the issue.

Message 3 of 8 (2,800 Views)

★★ Novice

It's fixed!!! I actually had to uninstall and reinstall ORIGIN! Confused

Message 4 of 8 (2,798 Views)

@nickineurotic

Urgh, Origin is SO awful Frown When I had the corrupted textures issue I had to uninstall the game and Origin to fix it. Uninstalling just the game wasn't enough. Origin is like some kind of malware that infects the game. Glad you got it fixed though!

AHQSigImage.png
Message 5 of 8 (2,792 Views)

★★ Novice

Tell me about it! I miss the days of not needing origin. thanks for the help!!

Message 6 of 8 (2,781 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@nickineurotic I’m not exactly experiencing same thing, and I’m not sure if anyone can help. But, recently, the d-pad on sims is not working. In build mode, i places stairs but it would not allow me to press the button that takes you onto the next level, in order to build. It also will not let me bring the walls up or down. The entire four buttons on the d-pad will not cooperate with me haha. If anyone could help, would be amazing!
Message 7 of 8 (2,677 Views)

@jcsims_x

This is the Mac tech forum. Please post in the console forum - https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Consoles/bd-p/the-sims-4-technical-issues-consoles-en

AHQSigImage.png
Message 8 of 8 (2,660 Views)