SIMS 3 64 BIT ISSUE: Game files upload/download during gameplay

by AshleyGamer124

Original Post

SIMS 3 64 BIT ISSUE: Game files upload/download during gameplay

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I'm not sure if this is an issue for many of you. I play on a 2020 MacBook Air so I play the new version through Origin. I personally do not like playing TS3 on Mac but it's the only laptop/computer I have. My game will freeze from time to time, then eventually crash. I went to Finder and realized my current game file and other files in my Electronic Arts folder would be uploading (for example like 614.09MB). Mainly my Cache files and current game would be in the process of uploading. From this, this is what I am assuming that is causing my game to crash. In fact I am aware that the game is just uploading my current gameplay, but it's just really annoying. I noticed a lot of other people were saying that the game is just very buggy overall and experiencing crashes as well. But I wasn't able to find anyone having the same issue as I was.

Does anyone know how to prevent the files from uploading? It's super annoying because I cant play my game for an excessive amount of time without this happening. I miss playing with just the disc because this never happened Frown

Thanks!

Message 1 of 3 (213 Views)

Re: SIMS 3 64 BIT ISSUE: Game files upload/download during gameplay

@AshleyGamer124  Are your files uploading to iCloud?  If so, you can disable iCloud's automatic syncing of Documents.  This guide is for a different issue, but the relevant settings are the same:

https://bluebellflora.com/2017/02/06/sims-3-and-sims-4-not-loading-save-games/

When you change the settings, it's possible that iCloud will remove the Sims 3 folder from your local version of Documents, so double-check and copy it back if necessary.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (183 Views)

Re: SIMS 3 64 BIT ISSUE: Game files upload/download during gameplay

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict  Yeah basically.My documents folder (in iCloud) is also connected to my Electronic Arts folder. But I will definitely try this, appreciate it!

Message 3 of 3 (175 Views)