Retry or Quit Issue

by Add2019

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Retry or Quit Issue

★ Novice

When I start Sims 3, a pop up says Retry or Quit.  There is no way around this as this shows up right before you choose your family.

How do I fix this??

Message 1 of 13 (3,155 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Retry or Quit Issue

EA app Team

Thanks @Add2019. In this case, I recommend you to uninstall the disc version of the game and install the games through Origin. That should help Standard smile

First of all, you should redeem your codes in Origin or thesims3.com if you haven't done that already. To redeem your codes, you would need to open Origin, log into your account (same account you have the base game in) and go to Origin > Redeem a Product Code in the main menu. You can also do it in thesims3.com, but keep in mind that each code can only be redeemed once, and you want to redeem the base game and your packs in the same account!

If you don't have the Origin application installed in your computer, you can get it from here.

Once redeemed, it's time to uninstall the disc version of the game. Our Mac helper, @Bluebellflora explains here how she uninstalls her The Sims 3 games from her Mac.

When the uninstallation is complete, just click on the game in your Game Library to start the download through Origin.

Let us know if you have any questions Standard smile

-Mai

View in thread

Message 10 of 13 (3,070 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

@Add2019 Is your computer a pc or mac?

Message 2 of 13 (3,143 Views)

★ Novice

It is a Mac

Message 3 of 13 (3,141 Views)

EA app Team

Hi @Add2019,

Does the pop up say something else? Is it giving you an error or message? If you could take a screenshot and share it with us that would be very useful Standard smile

Thanks,

Mai

Message 4 of 13 (3,128 Views)

★ Novice

This is what shows up for me. Clicking retry does nothing and pressing quit exits the game.

Message 5 of 13 (3,123 Views)

EA app Team

Thank you @Add2019

I can see you have been playing with a family, did you play with it in this same computer? If so, I guess the error started after having played with no issues, right? Do you remember having done any changes in your computer? Updating your Mac, installing a pack, installing a mod,...?

Also, did you install the game using DVDs or through Origin?

-Mai

Message 6 of 13 (3,101 Views)

★ Novice

Yes I updated the mac.  But i do not remember how i downloaded the game

Message 7 of 13 (3,090 Views)

EA app Team

Let's see how the games were installed then Wink

@Add2019, do you need to insert your DVD to play the game? If you usually insert the DVD in your computer when you are going to play, try not to do it this time. Does the game work even if you have no disc?

-Mai

Message 8 of 13 (3,084 Views)

★ Novice

I tried this method and a pop up appears saying there is no disc. So I need the disc to play the game.

Message 9 of 13 (3,077 Views)

EA app Team

Thanks @Add2019. In this case, I recommend you to uninstall the disc version of the game and install the games through Origin. That should help Standard smile

First of all, you should redeem your codes in Origin or thesims3.com if you haven't done that already. To redeem your codes, you would need to open Origin, log into your account (same account you have the base game in) and go to Origin > Redeem a Product Code in the main menu. You can also do it in thesims3.com, but keep in mind that each code can only be redeemed once, and you want to redeem the base game and your packs in the same account!

If you don't have the Origin application installed in your computer, you can get it from here.

Once redeemed, it's time to uninstall the disc version of the game. Our Mac helper, @Bluebellflora explains here how she uninstalls her The Sims 3 games from her Mac.

When the uninstallation is complete, just click on the game in your Game Library to start the download through Origin.

Let us know if you have any questions Standard smile

-Mai

Message 10 of 13 (3,071 Views)