Re: Retry or Quit Issue

by deborah1403

Original Post

★★ Novice

hey there

i had the same issue ad did what you said but when i went back to download through origin it said i had to install through an external application outside of origin which took me straight back through to the manual installation process! I have no idea what to do and its such a shame as I've been trying to play the sims 3 showtime for over a year now but have had no luck due to the 'retry or quit' error and have uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times! If you have any advice that would be great!

Message 11 of 13 (635 Views)

@deborah1403  What OS do you currently have?  The last several versions will fail to authenticate TS3 discs, so installing through Origin is the only option.  However, mac users have been experiencing problems with Origin in the last few days, especially those users who are behind on their OS updates.  EA is working on that particular issue but has not yet resolved it.

In the meantime, you can try running the Origin reset tool for macs.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/how-to-reset-origin-on-mac/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 12 of 13 (621 Views)

★★ Novice

Hiya! Thanks for replying and so soon! i am currently updating my mac to macOS High Sierra 10.13.6, although i'm not sure if this is what you were referring to in terms of updates.I will use the link to run the Origin reset tool and try and run my game. I'll get back to you with my results. Thanks!

Message 13 of 13 (597 Views)