Reshade for Macs....SUCCESSFUL!!!

by LexLennon

Original Post

Re: Reshade for Macs....SUCCESSFUL!!!

★ Novice

I also have the MacBook Pro, and it does not work for me.

Message 91 of 109 (3,675 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Here are the files that I use:

http://simfileshare.net/folder/94747/

Message 92 of 109 (3,664 Views)

★★★ Newbie

can you make tutorial video on YouTube for how to download reshade on Mac !!

Message 93 of 109 (3,628 Views)

★ Novice

May you send me the link as well please I've been looking everywhere for a way for it to work I have a MacBook Pro 15.

Message 94 of 109 (3,503 Views)

★★★ Newbie

sorry if im late, but can i have the files too?? and where did you put the preset.ini file?? is it within the reshade.ini?

Message 95 of 109 (3,341 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@me2621, have you tried with Parallels? I've placed all the correct files in the correct place, but it doesn't work. I don't think @LexLennon would have lied to us, it must be able to work somehow!!

Message 96 of 109 (3,326 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@LexLennon does this work for stardew valley?
Message 97 of 109 (3,325 Views)

★ Novice

Where would I find where it's located? would it be in applications?

Message 98 of 109 (3,186 Views)

★ Novice

So I meant to factory reset my Mac a while ago and decided to do it early last week. When I did I downloaded and installed the 14 day trial for Parallels and have been spending about a week trying to get things to work. I should mention I am not tech savvy in any way, but can follow online instructions.

So the first thing I did was make sure I had enough disk space for another operating system, which I did due to factory reset. (I backed up my sim saves and mods on an external hard drive before doing the reset)

Then I installed parallels, which does not come with all the necessary framework and c++ visual software so I found a tutorial and installed the proper framework files for Origin to even let me install it.

Once I was able to get origin installed, I had to download the sims 4 without any packs, just the game by itself, as parallels can crash and once restarted the game isn't finished then it tries to download packs, which obviously doesn't work. So I download my game, and all the packs I have (all expansions, most GPS, and almost all SPs) and made sure parallels would open sims 4 and run my game. Cas worked and gameplay worked (not any faster then it just being on my Mac considering the headaches to install everything literally took me 3 days of troubleshooting)

Once I knew sims 4 was running, I followed a different online tutorial on how to install Reshade.

It works. I am using reshade on my MacBook Pro 15" 2013. It's a pain and a hell of a learning curve, definitely not as easy and Lex buddy made it out to be, but with parallels it's possible.

Major downside to all of this is parallels is a $100 program with a 14 day free trial only. So while this is awesome and I am getting it to work I doubt I will bite the bullet and buy the program. I can't justify how much parallels is just to use reshade.

Hope this helps someone. 

Message 99 of 109 (3,014 Views)

@TheSimagery

Thanks for your experience, it really helps others and also confirms that it is not possible to get Reshade working in the game running in macOS natively.

If you have an Intel Mac, not M1, you could Boot Camp your Mac instead of using Parallels. You'd get a much better gaming experience than running it within Windows in a VM as Parallels uses it's own drivers.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 100 of 109 (2,993 Views)