Highlighted

Re: Reshade for Macs....SUCCESSFUL!!!

★ Novice

May I also get the link?

Message 31 of 109 (4,971 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@reynajazel@baranrainy  @reynajazel It won't let me send anymore DMs. Hahaha Here's the link - [CM edit - Removed 3rd party link]

Message 32 of 109 (4,953 Views)

Re: Reshade for Macs....SUCCESSFUL!!!Hey

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@LexLennon Hey thanks so much for sending the files, I was wondering how I get it to work because when i put them in the MacOs folder and opened my game there seems to be no difference. I'll put in a screenshot of the MacOS folder. Was there anything you had to do to make the shaders show?

Message 33 of 109 (4,927 Views)

★★★ Novice

Me too..  I was so excited to see that finally could have a chance of using reshaders. I did everything as recommended but it didn't work Frown

Message 34 of 109 (4,837 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have the exact same files there but yours seem to have a notepad thingy on it?

Message 35 of 109 (4,818 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I gave the poster the benefit of the doubt and tried this out. Spoiler alert: It doesn't work. Given the mechanics of Reshade, I honestly didn't think it would. I don't want anyone to get their hopes up or waste their time. 

Message 36 of 109 (4,762 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Ugh why can't Reshade just make a mac version, I feel discriminated lol 

Message 37 of 109 (4,755 Views)

★★★ Novice

Ugh. I just wish it would work..😢

Message 38 of 109 (4,741 Views)

Lighting/Action PSD??

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

As a Macbook user, I can't use Reshade, but I found this, and it says it doesn't require Reshade, but it calls it'self a "PSD":

[CM edit - Removed third-party link.]

Since I don't know the technicalities of how lighting works in the sims 4, I have no idea why it's using the photoshop image format, and why there's a separate version for an "action" PSD made by someone else. Can someone please tell me what this means?

[CM edit - Removed third-party link.]

Chances are I just misunderstand it all, but if anyone could help I would love that! Standard smile

Message 39 of 109 (4,638 Views)

Re: Lighting/Action PSD??

@ArtsyGemstone

Interesting! I've merged your post into this conversation on Reshade. I'll definitely be having a play around with this when SFS is back up and properly running, if the file is available for download.

Sadly no one apart from the OP seems to have managed to get Reshade working on their Mac as it isn't possible without Windows intervention.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 40 of 109 (4,594 Views)