Re: Reshade for Macs....SUCCESSFUL!!!

by BellaBoo3322

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Reshade for Macs....SUCCESSFUL!!!

★★★★ Apprentice

I figured out how to get the ReShade files to work for Macs. The Bin file does not exist on a Mac, but the necessary files are available.

Go to the Drive where your Sims 4 app is located > Using two fingers on the track pad click on the app one time > This opens the menu popup > Select 'Show Package Contents > Select Contents > Select MacOS > Place your ReShade presets. The activation process of doing through F2 on a PC does not seem necessary here. When I start my MBP it's immediately got the look of the preset.

Message 1 of 109 (72,223 Views)

Accepted Solution

Marking as the solution for visibility

Unfortunately this method does not work as the .dll files needed for ReShade are not recognised by macOS. I have tested myself, as have numerous others in this thread and externally.

Locking this thread to avoid repeated posting from those who are hopeful it will work for them.The only way, at time of writing this, to get ReShade to work in The Sims 4 on a Mac is either through setting up a Windows Boot Camp partition (Intel Macs only) or running Windows in a virtual machine (VM). Both methods will require you to install and play the game in Windows rather than macOS

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -

View in thread

Message 109 of 109 (60,505 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Apprentice

:0 HOW?! I assume with this method you can't switch in and out of various reshade presets? Would love to know more!

Message 2 of 109 (72,167 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Corect. It's just immediately the default preset.

Message 3 of 109 (72,149 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Trying this right now! Also, just making sure you don't have to actually download reshade do you? Because when I do it won't let me use it bc its an .exe file. 

Message 4 of 109 (72,004 Views)

★★ Novice

did it work omg

Message 5 of 109 (71,924 Views)

[ Edited ]

@LexLennon

This is really great although I have no experience of ever using ReShade but would love to! Do you think you could provide step by step instructions on what to do? Including where to get presets from and how it works?

Thanks!

AHQSigImage.png
Message 6 of 109 (71,875 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I tried it and it doesn't work for me, when I put the reshade file in the correct file it did not show up in my game. Do you have to download the reshade mod? 

Message 7 of 109 (71,836 Views)

★★ Novice
@VeroSimsss same, it didn’t work for me too Frown maybe reshade is really not mac-friendly
Message 8 of 109 (71,736 Views)

@LpsLoverLPS

I have to agree, I don’t think this is possible as the program is needed to get it to work. Unless I get detailed instructions and seen it for myself I’m extremely sceptical.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 9 of 109 (71,719 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

what do you mean by drive? do you mean finder? like where you download cc/mods ?

Message 10 of 109 (71,048 Views)