Registered expansion pack not showing on Origin

by vesitar

Original Post

Registered expansion pack not showing on Origin

★★★★ Novice

Hello, I need help!

Today, after many years of not playing the Sims 3, I finally decided to download it now that it's playable on Mac again. However, I noticed that all other expansion and stuff packs were downloadable but not the Showtime expansion pack. It shows that I have to buy it although I already own it (the Katy Perry edition one). I have registered the base game and all of my expansion and stuff packs through my thesims3.com -account that I have, and like I said, every other game shows up on my Origin account but not Showtime even though it shows up on thesims3 -website as a registered game that I do in fact own. I contacted EA help chat for this but they refused to help me get my game without an invoice number that I do not have because I bought the pack, a physical copy of it, a CD, when it first came out in 2012 (and of course I don't have a receipt from almost 10 years ago saved). I offered to give the game code that came with the CD (the one in form of XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX with numbers and letters) if they could register it with that but they insisted on getting the invoice number. Since they could not help me, I asked if there was any way I could myself register the game again through Origin or something, and they said it is not possible. I'm a bit skeptical of this as I remember getting the Sims 2 ultimate collection through EA help chat by just giving them the base game code, no invoice numbers needed, so I don't understand why it wouldn't work now with this expansion pack.

So, this is why I'm here asking for help if anyone else has been in this situation and if someone has any solutions to offer. It's * if I need to buy the expansion pack AGAIN, just because EA/Origin have problems in their systems making a game already registered to me to show up on my Origin library.

Thank you in advance for any help I can get!

Message 11 of 13 (777 Views)

Re: Registered expansion pack not showing on Origin

@vesitar  This has in fact happened to a number of other people who've owned the Katy Perry version of Showtime.  The key is to ask the EA customer support rep to add the "entitlement," as it's called, for the 64-bit version of the standard version of Showtime, not the KP version, to your account.  This can be done, and it has been done for most of the players who've asked.  You shouldn't need to prove anything either—the support rep should see the existing copy of Showtime on your account and go from there.

Here's another thread on the same issue, in case it helps in explaining the context to the support rep:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/64x-Entitlement-issue-Showtime-Katy-Perry-edition/m-p...

One useful step in dealing with this is to select the Sims 3 base game as the product, rather than any pack: it seems that support reps are able to offer more options that way, or maybe it's just easier on their end to identify the problem.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 12 of 13 (766 Views)

Re: Registered expansion pack not showing on Origin

★★★★ Novice

Thank you so much! I contacted them again and sent in your reply and it worked! Now I'm able to download the pack and play the game! I'm so happy!

Message 13 of 13 (763 Views)