Recommend graphics card for MacBook Pro

by 7890252100

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Recommend graphics card for MacBook Pro

★★★ Newbie

I love gaming so I want to know which graphics card is best for the MacBook Pro. I have also asked on Apple technical service and they suggest for the Nvidia GTX 780 (6 GB). Can anyone suggest me any other better option?

Message 1 of 3 (443 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Recommend graphics card for MacBook Pro

[ Edited ]

@7890252100 

If you're looking at current model MBPs they come with AMD graphics, not NVIDIA. And what you get depends on how much you want to pay. This is the the highest spec. available right now - https://www.apple.com/shop/buy-mac/macbook-pro/15-inch-space-gray-2.6ghz-6-core-512gb#

That you link you provided is not Apple, it's a 3rd party.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (432 Views)

All Replies

Champion

@7890252100 , while this is not graphics related I would advise you to get as much RAM as you can afford. I recommend no less than 8GB if you are going to buy or have most of the expansion packs and plan to add more. While the Base Game requires 4GB to run, the more you add to the game requires more to process it. 

Make sure however that the graphics card you do choose is not integrated as that also provides poor performance for your game and your Mac.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 3 (441 Views)

[ Edited ]

@7890252100 

If you're looking at current model MBPs they come with AMD graphics, not NVIDIA. And what you get depends on how much you want to pay. This is the the highest spec. available right now - https://www.apple.com/shop/buy-mac/macbook-pro/15-inch-space-gray-2.6ghz-6-core-512gb#

That you link you provided is not Apple, it's a 3rd party.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 3 of 3 (433 Views)