Recent update messed up my game

by fiddlekay03

Original Post

Recent update messed up my game

★★ Novice

Ever since I updated my game this month, I have not been able to play. The game launches but the sims bodies are stretched weirdly and the game just freezes and doesn't unfreeze. Unsure of what to do next. I have uninstalled my cc and mods, and tried to repair through origin. 

Message 1 of 4 (936 Views)

Re: Recent update messed up my game

@fiddlekay03 

Did you also trash the localthumbcache.package file? You should always do that after moving out your Mods folder. 

There are also some common issues at the moment so it would help to know what Mac you are using. Please can you provide more information, instructions on how to do so and what to provide here - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/4612...

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 4 (929 Views)

★★ Novice

I have done what you said but my game still isn't working. The recent update they just sent out to fix bugs also did not fix my issue as well. It seems the game crashes as soon as i open a save file. I am on an up to date mac with retina from 2015. I have never had an issue with the game before last months update. 

Message 3 of 4 (875 Views)

@fiddlekay03

Can you please provide the information asked for in my previous post?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 4 of 4 (862 Views)