Re: sims 3 64 bit & metal keeps crashing?

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Hi! So I tried the windowed mode first and it was working fine until I went onto a higher speed and then it froze. I'm now going to try moving my entire Sims 3 folder and see if that makes any difference. I also disabled the interactive loading screen but that didn't seem to do anything. 

Edit: I tried moving the Sims 3 folder and that didn't do anything either, I tried to make a new household but again, it froze before it got onto the actual 'create a sim' screen. Hope this information helps at all, but it's alright if there's nothing else to suggest, I'll just have to wait for them to update it or contact the sims team somehow. Standard smile 

Message 11 of 12 (165 Views)

@tianasarah2003  Just to cover all the bases, it might be worth downloading an app that reads the temperature of your processor.  Even though you've said your laptop doesn't get hot, what you've described is exactly what would happen if overheating were a major issue.  There are plenty of apps out there, but one popular one is iStat, from Bjango.  It offers a free trial and reads pretty much all available sensors.  Or you could try Macs Fan Control, which is free and should report CPU temps by core.

While testing, please use a clean folder and try the other steps (reducing the settings, playing offline) as well, just to see ho wthe game runs in an ideal environment.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 12 of 12 (149 Views)