Re: The sims 4 game loading

by HCLiu123

Original Post

★★★ Novice

I also has the problem. But my problem is that when I enter one of the main game in the sims 4, when I choose one sims family to play, it keeps loading instead of letting me playing the sims. However, I can only enter build mode and the outfit mode but not the game mode. I have already remove 'localthumbcache' this file and also keep updating my mods and trays but no use. When I can enter the first time when I create the sims family but at the second time, I can no longer enter the game mode but only can enter build mode to build things. I keep loading the game for a long time but really cannot enter. I also check my mods and trays and cannot find out the problem. It keeps heating my macbook air. My problem is a kind of different, so I cannot try your advice. Do you know how to fix it?

Message 1 of 6 (457 Views)

@HCLiu123 

Please can you provide more information about your Mac. Instructions on how to do so and what to provide here - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/4612...

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 6 (433 Views)

★★★ Novice

I tried their steps which remove all the mods, saves and trays and run just like a new game after repairing but it still staying in the loading page after the ready music in the game instead of entering the sims family game mode. I use the Macbook air M1 chips to play. Idk whether it is the game problem or not.

Message 3 of 6 (317 Views)

@HCLiu123

Did you just remove the mods, saves and tray folders? Or did you move the entire Sims 4 folder to the desktop so a new one was created?

AHQSigImage.png
Message 4 of 6 (314 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I found a way which move the sims 4 folder to somewhere on mac and then click repair, there will be a new folder. And then I open the game again but it still loading. Actually, I can play sometimes but when I click going to somewhere on the map, it will loading and not entering the game or when I change the clothes of the sims, and when I finish dressing, it keeps loading and cannot go back to game mode. Sometimes, I cannot even enter the game mode on that day without playing. I try a new one for a week without any mod and just use their game packs and it still only enter the loading screen. Therefore, I always cannot play or cannot play for a long time.

Message 5 of 6 (306 Views)

@HCLiu123

Did you apply this workaround to your Mac? It's specifically for M1 Macs - https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/-WORKAROUND-game-Mac-freezes-on-Mac-with-M1-chip/m-p/...

AHQSigImage.png
Message 6 of 6 (278 Views)