Re: Sims 4 Legacy Edition deleted all previous saves

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

Accepted Solution

★★★ Novice

I tried both. Same thing happened. I was on the phone with ea for 40 min. They didn’t have a solution for me. I’m so pissed. Everything was working perfectly since this stupid update.  

Message 1 of 10 (1,194 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★ Novice

Yes, the exact same thing happened to me and I was DEVASTATED. I mean, I had worked MONTHS on all my worlds and I was so upset. I read thousands (millions) of forums and figured out what to do. You need to go to finder, documents, electronic arts, sims 4, saves. Then command a, command c. Go back to documents, electronic arts, the sims 4 legacy edition, saves, then command v. IT WORKS LIKE NORMAL AND IM SO HAPPY!!!!! Your welcome Standard smile

View in thread

Message 5 of 10 (1,133 Views)

All Replies

@hashima13  Does your computer run Windows or macOS?  Can you still see your saves in either the Sims 4 or the Sims 4 Legacy Edition folders?  If so, please copy the file path for the Saves folder and paste it into a post here.  For Windows, you'll see the file path listed near the top of the File Explorer window.  In macOS, right-click (or hold down ctrl and click) on the Saves folder and select Get Info, then copy the "Where" entry.  You can delete your username, but please leave the rest intact.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 10 (1,184 Views)

★★★ Novice

Mac OS. High  Sierra 

Message 3 of 10 (1,168 Views)

★★★ Novice

I will try that. Thanks. Ill

keep you updated Standard smile 

Message 4 of 10 (1,151 Views)

★★ Novice

Yes, the exact same thing happened to me and I was DEVASTATED. I mean, I had worked MONTHS on all my worlds and I was so upset. I read thousands (millions) of forums and figured out what to do. You need to go to finder, documents, electronic arts, sims 4, saves. Then command a, command c. Go back to documents, electronic arts, the sims 4 legacy edition, saves, then command v. IT WORKS LIKE NORMAL AND IM SO HAPPY!!!!! Your welcome Standard smile

Message 5 of 10 (1,134 Views)

@hashima13 and @ItalianTreeFox  I've moved these posts to their own thread in the Mac section.

@hashima13  Does the solution provided by @ItalianTreeFox work for you?  If not, please make sure you don't have iCloud set to automatically sync the contents of your Documents folder.  Here's a more detailed description:

https://bluebellflora.com/2017/02/06/sims-3-and-sims-4-not-loading-save-games/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 6 of 10 (1,095 Views)

★★★ Novice

I went to the iCloud and it was already unchecked. As far as copying and pasting the sims 4 files to the legacy. I’ve done that already. 

I am not sure what else I can do. I am Pretty devastated.  

Message 7 of 10 (1,059 Views)

★★★ Novice

The where entry says :

macintosh HD - users- ( username) - documents- electronic arts 

Message 8 of 10 (1,054 Views)

★★★ Novice

Oh my gosh !!! I was doing it wrong !!! I thought I had to put the whole folder , not the files.  

So I re uploaded my saved files ....not the folder as well as the tray files and it worked. I just have to try my mods.  

only thing is that the game is recognizing all

the expansion packs as new and some items in the houses are being replaced. Even thought I am pretty sure everything is loaded. 

Message 9 of 10 (1,044 Views)

@hashima13

Great! Although sounds like you're missing some CC though, or it isn't compatible with the Legacy Edition. You'd need to check with the creators.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 10 of 10 (1,022 Views)