Re: Sims 4 - Initialization error at startup, Legacy Edition

by charissage

Original Post

Re: Sims 4 - Initialization error at startup

★★ Guide
@HangryYeti Weird. I know that @Bluebellflora frequently recommends creating a new test account on your Mac and then seeing if installing TS4 from THAT account works. Can you do that? It should give us an idea of if there's something wrong with Origin or TS4 client configs and caches since this would give us a totally clean setup. If things STILL don't work then there may be a problem with the macOS installation itself.
Message 11 of 302 (9,599 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@dzm06 Tried it, I got the same error on the new account.
Message 12 of 302 (9,589 Views)

★ Apprentice

@dzm06 Thank you for your help. Here's all the info that I have :

Game version : 1.58.63.1610 (only base game installed + Legacy edition right now)

Playing on iMac OS High Sierra (version 10.13.6, mid-2011), with a 2,5 GHz Intel Core i5 processor (64 bits), and my graphic card is an 

AMD Radeon HD 6750M 512 Mo. 

I can't find any .INI files in my repertory (or around)... But the version written in Origin is v10.4.74-2309-33daaa48.

Message 13 of 302 (9,582 Views)

Re: Issue opening The Sims 4 Legacy Edition for Mac

★★★ Novice

I have the same problem; this is the message:

Initialization error at start up.

[135dec40:90f690cf:00000075:495f32a0]

Message 14 of 302 (9,551 Views)

Sims 4 will not open after installing Legacy edition

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

The Sims 4 will not open after I downloaded the Legacy edition on origin. 
Feel like I've tried everything.. Can somebody help me? 

This is the error code:

Unable to start:

Message 15 of 302 (9,542 Views)

Re: Sims 4 will not open after installing Legacy edition

[ Edited ]
EA app Team

Hey everyone,

A question: when you mention you did a clean reinstallation of the game - did you also remove your 'The Sims 4' folder from Documents/Electronic Arts? (I know you did, @HangryYeti , as you tried with a new Mac account)

Also, if you haven't already, would you mind sharing both which version of the game you have and your computer specs?

@karolinekrarup @WiseSoulMaster merged your posts here as you are getting the same error message - please, give the suggestions above a try Standard smile

Thanks,

-Mai

Message 16 of 302 (9,527 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Hello, I have the same problem. My computer is a macOS High Sierra 10.13.6, Graphic: ATI Radeon HD 5750 1024 MB, Processor: 2,8 GHz Intel Core i5.

The error that occur is:

Unable to start:

I tryed everything, like Pupke1979, but nothing happened. I deleted the "The Sims 4" folder and then tryed to reinstall the game (and repair). Now it has been installed only the The Sims 4 Legacy Edition in the Document section. No more The Sims 4 folder and, however, it still doesn't work.

Message 17 of 302 (9,514 Views)

★ Apprentice

Hello everyone, I'm not feeling alone in front of my bug at least 

And thanks again to everybody trying to help us.

@EA_Mai : yes, I did remove TS4 folder before installing everything again. I even tried to "repair" the game after removing this folder.

On the second try of a clean reinstallation, I removed completely the Electronic Arts folder (that disabled the option to play the game).

Are those information enough ? If needed, I will post/edit later to add detailed screenshots. 

Message 18 of 302 (9,494 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@EA_MaiSeeing how many people have the same problem, I am starting to think this is an error in the newly installed files.

On a different note, I have to get this off my chest:
It really sucks we won’t get any patches, game support or updates anymore, just because we don’t have the newest Mac. We all paid good money for the game and expansions. And because of this EA policy, we don’t get to use the gallery anymore which means we don’t get to use the game to its full extent. In my opinion that’s plain wrong!

EA can buy me a newer iMac, I wouldn’t mind it. Or compensate with a refund. 
At the very least, make sure the game runs in Legacy mode before shoving it down our throats. 

Message 19 of 302 (9,455 Views)

Sims 4 not playable after Sims 4 Legacy update

★★★ Novice

Hi guys,

I've downloaded the Sims 4 Legacy edition and now my game won't start anymore. I keep getting the following message;

Unable to start:

Anyone who knows that to do?

Message 20 of 302 (9,216 Views)