Re: Sims 4 - Initialization error at startup on macOS High Sierra

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

★★ Novice

@ElsaJ09 Didn't work for me... I'll try reinstalling the game again with the SIP disabled and update the post. I wonder what the issue actually is. The error code isn't telling me much.

Message 71 of 302 (1,309 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Hello ,

I'm having the same issue here.

EA Games please find a quick solution here.

Message 72 of 302 (1,305 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@Deklarationen I´m to stupid (computer-wise) to even understand what I´m doing.. The only thing I know is that my daughter (10 years) would break down completely(!) if I somehow managed to erase or loose all here worlds and everything she´s been creating during the last couple of years
Message 73 of 302 (1,301 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@ElsaJ09 i.e, I don´t even know what you guys are talking abut when referring to gallery, Origin etc :-)
Message 74 of 302 (1,298 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@RafaFern Yes indeed... please! This really sucks.
Message 75 of 302 (1,252 Views)

Re: sims 4 unable to start after downloading legacy

★★★ Newbie

We are on the phone right ow with support. it seem to be an issue with the operating system. We have a. Mac running on High Sierra and cannot upgrade due to the graphic card. It might be that, because the latest download on Sims 4 need a stronger graphic card. 

Message 76 of 302 (1,106 Views)

★★★ Novice

When you say start over, did you have to? Like after you did those steps did it completely wipe all of your saved gameplay?

Message 77 of 302 (1,210 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@OrangeCatTeeEM No, I just wanted to see if it would work to begin with. I simply moved my save files away, as well as mods and CC. I played for a bit without it all, everything worked fine (even worked smoother if I’m honest).

Just now, I moved my saves, mods and CC back into the respective folders in the Legacy Edition folder and started the game again. Everything is still working just fine. Nothing was lost doing the steps listed in the photo!
Message 78 of 302 (1,245 Views)

★★★★ Novice

It didn't work for me, I don't know why.

Message 79 of 302 (1,219 Views)

@lehoeven and anyone else prepared to disable the System Integrity Protection (SIP) on their Mac:

You MUST be aware of what you are doing before you do it. You are disabling the system that makes our Macs secure and potentially opening it up to malicious software. DO NOT do this lightly if you have no understanding of what you are doing.

Apple page on SIP - https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204899

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 80 of 302 (1,238 Views)