Original Post

Re: Sims 4 - Initialization error at startup on macOS High Sierra

★★★★★ Novice

I hope this problem is resolved soon!
I need to play Frown Frown

Message 61 of 302 (1,661 Views)

★★ Novice
@lehoeven I tried the link and did what it said, unfortunately it didn't work and I got the same error msg. : (
Message 62 of 302 (1,643 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@Astrihol I'm in the same spot. I really had hope that it would work and was extra careful. As soon as I find something that works for me, I will post it here, so hopefully all of you can play again too. In return, I hope you all will do the same Standard smile.
Message 63 of 302 (1,637 Views)

Re: Initialization error at startup

★★★ Novice

@Bluebellflora,

Yes of course!

I have a MacBook Air

Processor: 1,4 GHz Intel Core i5

Memory: 4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 5000 1536 MB

I have AdblockPlus on as basically a default and I have already tried to repair my game via Origin.

I have also tried taking out my mods/cc, but still the initialization error message popped up.

Hope this helps!

Message 64 of 302 (1,334 Views)

Re: initialization error at start up 135dec40:90f690cf:00000075:495f32a0 - MAC

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I have the exact same problem since the new update, even though I've downloaded legacy and I have done everything in THIS tutorial to see if it would help - but no luck, I still get the same message. Here is a screenshot of my macs specs. I hope someone can help us with this problem, since it would suck to not be able to keep on playing Frown

Message 65 of 302 (1,389 Views)

Re: Sims 4 will not open after installing Legacy edition

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hi @EA_Mai, these are the specs of my Macbook:

MacBook Pro (17-inch, early 2009)

OS X El Capitain 10.11.6
2,66 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
8 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT 512 MB

My game version is 1.56.55.1220

Message 66 of 302 (1,603 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hi everyone!

So I’ve posted about having issues over the last day or so and as a last resort I tried something I found online, which was described as being a temporary fix. So be careful. I’ve linked a photo about what I did so you all could try and do this if you choose to do so. 

I did it and I am currently playing the Sims 4 again, without access to the gallery, which makes me believe that the Legacy Edition is in fact working now!

Message 67 of 302 (1,589 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@lehoeven Hi! Is it still working for you? In what way is this a risk? Should I back up the whole computer before trying?

Thanks...,
Message 68 of 302 (1,548 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@ElsaJ09 It’s still working for me! I’ve through CAS and am building in San Myshuno at the minute, because that lagged the most for me and everything is working fine. To be fair, I started over. So no mods, no CC, no previous save files.

I’m not sure if it is a risk to begin with, and if it is in what way. I’m not too knowledgeable in this aspect, haha. But I’m sure a back up could never hurt! I back mine up semi-regularly.
Message 69 of 302 (1,662 Views)

Rif.: The Sims 4 Legacy Edition thread

★★★★ Novice

Same problem here! EA says the problem is with Origin. They have to solve this.

Hope they will do this FAST!! Not the first time I have problems with Origin.

Message 70 of 302 (1,640 Views)