Unable to start:

Initialization error at start up.

[135dec40:90f690cf:00000075:495f32a0]

Message 1 of 302 (31,826 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 4 - Initialization error at startup on macOS High Sierra

EA app Team

Hi everyone,

We have just released a patch that should fix this issue for anyone still experiencing it. From patch notes:

Legacy Edition
An issue was introduced that prevented several languages from being able to properly run the legacy edition. This occurred due to the game client not reading its initialization file in the correct place, which is required in order to launch in the players chosen language. And as a result, the game would crash upon launch if English was not installed. We have fixed this issue. Please also be aware that any player that followed our instructions to perform a manual work around will not need to make any further changes after this patch.

Please, update your game and let us know how that goes!

Thanks,

-Mai

View in thread

Message 295 of 302 (27,847 Views)

All Replies

Re: Sims 4 - Initialization error at startup

Hero
@charissage Moved your post to the mac forum. There should be a few threads around about this here too.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 302 (31,721 Views)

★★ Guide
@charissage What version of macOS is installed on your computer? What version of The Sims 4 client? What happens if you move the Electronic Arts folder from your Documents directory to the Desktop?
Message 3 of 302 (31,718 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

I am having the exact same problem. I tried uninstalling The Sims, resetting and uninstalling Origin, reinstalling, fixing, checked the troubleshooting post, flushed my cache and no luck so far.

I even allowed Origin and The Sims to control my Mac.

After uninstalling I tried to do a clean install, only the base game and the Legacy addition which was mandatory. Still no go.

I'm on an older Mac, these are my specs:

Mac OS High Sierra

iMac (27-inch, Mid 2010)

3,2 GHz Intel Core i3

16 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

ATI Radeon HD 5670 512 MB

I've been at this all evening, I can't seem to find the right fix. My best guess would be the legacy is throwing things off. I've never had this problem before. It just keeps on giving me the same message:

Unable to start:

Initialization error at start up.

[135dec40:90f690cf:00000075:495f32a0]

This is driving me nuts, I just want to play. My internet connection is fine, how else would I be able to post this.

Schermafbeelding 2019-11-12 om 23.34.53.pngSchermafbeelding 2019-11-12 om 23.39.41.png

Schermafbeelding 2019-11-12 om 23.39.53.png

********************************************************************************

UPDATE: The Sims is now running again on my iMac (specs above). I used this fix for my Legacy Edition:

In Origin, I changed the language of the game from my native language Dutch into English. This triggered a working fix for the game.

After that it started properly. Even after I restored my backup files.

I haven't tried playing yet, because can't seem to change the language back to Dutch. I did in Origin, but everything remains in English in game.

I'll update again when I have more news!

********************************************************************************

Update: I reinstalled the game in Dutch and used the work around. My game works again in the right language.

Message 4 of 302 (31,700 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@dzm06 also tried moving the folder to my desktop, same error
Message 5 of 302 (31,698 Views)

★ Apprentice

Hello everyone,

I'm playing on Mac High Sierra, mid 2011, without any mods. I am commenting to see if anybody finds a solution, because I have the same issue (error 135dec40:90f690cf:00000075:495f32a0).

followed the same steps as you did (repair the game, complete uninstall/install of The Sims and Origin, then clean install of the base game and Legacy only). 

Message 6 of 302 (31,661 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@HangryYetiSome quick Googling tells me that other people that have seen "135dec40:90f690cf:00000075:495f32a0" before have had some success with doing "repair game" from the Origin client. Can you give that a try?

Message 7 of 302 (31,670 Views)

★★ Guide
@Nat_75 Can you confirm what version of The Sims 4 client you have installed? You can verify the build version by going to the application (probably in your personal Applications folder), right clicking, and selecting "Open package contents". In the window that opens go to Contents. Use a text editor to open the file there called "Default.ini" and look for "gameversion". What is the number next to it?
Message 8 of 302 (31,652 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@dzm06I did that already, before uninstalling, clearing files & cache and again after reinstalling. Doesn't seem to do anything for me.

Message 9 of 302 (31,648 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@dzm06 My gameversion = 1.58.63.1210
Message 10 of 302 (31,627 Views)