Re: [PLEASE POST HERE] Questions regarding drop of 32 bit OS Support

by Laryanna

Original Post

★★ Novice

Hey! 
I was completely surprised by this update and downloaded TS4 Legacy Edition, only to open my Game and find a broken one?

I have mostly no text, but when I have some, it’s just a random assortment of numbers and letters. When I first opened the game, after downloading Legacy, it showed me an error message. So I searched a bit online and noticed, that there were no Save files in the new Legacy-folder. So I just copied all of my save games and mods into the new folders and then the game actually started. But now it looks like this. I have already repaired it and looked for new updates, I have close origin and my mac completely, but it didn’t change after all of this.

I have attached some pictures, I hope they work...

Any suggestions?

Have a nice evening.

Message 1 of 5 (286 Views)

@Laryanna 

Please can you provide more information about your Mac. Instructions on how to do so and what to provide here - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/4612...

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 5 (268 Views)

★★ Novice

Hello!

I have attached a screenshot of my Mac's information and tried around a little bit further. 

I thought about deinstalling the Sims 4 Legacy edition, but Im not sure how to do it? If I just delete the folder, I might not be able to reinstall it, because it would not be noticed by the game. But there is also no deinstall button, as far, as I have seen...

I have also deleted all of my mods from the Legacy folder, but now the game doesn't open at all and I get the same error message, like a lot of people. 

I wil look into that further, maybe the game only opened because of a mod?

Thank you for your help and have a nice evening!

Message 3 of 5 (236 Views)

@Laryanna

Wow! I'm impressed that you have been playing on a 12 year old machine! I used to have that model iMac, it finally died this year Frown

You can only run the Legacy Edition now. I think a completely clean uninstall and reinstall would help. Very laborious but definitely worth a try. Start by backing up your Sims 4 folder where your saves are and then uninstalling in Origin by right clicking on the game in your Games Library and choosing Uninstall. Next run the Origin reset tool to clear all the Origin Library files out - https://help.ea.com/en-gb/help/origin/origin/how-to-reset-origin-on-mac/

Restart your Mac then open Origin and re-download the game.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 4 of 5 (215 Views)

★★ Novice

@Bluebellflora Yeah, it actually ran pretty smoothly, I had hardly ever any problems with it...

Ok, I think I will try that today. Thank you for your help!

Have a nice day!

Message 5 of 5 (198 Views)