Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Sims 4 Packs not showing as downloaded after April patch

by spfraines

Original Post

★ Novice

Hi I am having trouble with my game since the recent patch update. 

When I try to play I my game says my expansion packs are still downloading. I keep trying to uninstall the game and reinstall it but I keep having the same issue. When reinstalling the expansions download really fast and says complete immediately. Yet when I open the game it says they are still downloading. 

I saw the post @Bluebellflora made about the recent patch and my The Sims 4 Packs folder looks really different. I'm not sure how to get the missing items or how mine ended up going missing in the first place. Is there anything I need to do or make sure of when reinstalling the game? I have attached what my folder looks like. I would greatly appreciate any information you can pass along. 

Thanks so much!

Message 1 of 4 (340 Views)

@spfraines

Thanks for the screenshot, very helpful Standard smile

Where is your actual game app located? I can't see it in the picture. The app and the Sims 4 Packs folder should be in the same Applications folder.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 4 (303 Views)

new

★ Novice

@Bluebellflora 

Here is a picture of my applications folder and where it is located on my computer 

Message 3 of 4 (266 Views)

Re: new

@spfraines

That's great. Have you just moved the Sims 4 app into that Applications folder? Because it wasn't there in your original screenshot.

Could you please also keep replying in this thread rather than starting a new one. Thanks.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 4 of 4 (253 Views)