Re: Mods not showing up

by EA_Arrenai

Original Post

★★ Pro

@EXTENMA

With using a Mac, you might get better help from this post from Bluebellflora

CC, Mods and Patching:
https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/473...

Message 21 of 40 (615 Views)
Highlighted

Community Manager (retired)

Hello @EXTENMA,

I have moved your other posts on this topic to your thread here to keep all of your troubleshooting in one spot. Please refrain from bumping old threads and from tagging other AHQ users who have not yet offered assistance for your situation. Thanks!

Arrenai Cat

Message 22 of 40 (634 Views)

★ Apprentice

i've already done this im completely lost.....

@172e3cda00349872

Message 23 of 40 (630 Views)

Champion (Retired)

You should have said from the start that you are on a Mac. The people in the Sims Mac forum will be able to help you. https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/bd-p/The-Sims-Mac

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 24 of 40 (602 Views)

[ Edited ]

I merged the OP's old thread into this new one, so that everything is in one place.  @EXTEMA9817  Please be mindful of what EA_Arrenai has said about posting in multiple places and not tagging people who haven't offered their help.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 25 of 40 (594 Views)

Champion

@EXTENMA, you might have a bad piece of CC that is causing the rest of your CC to no longer show up in game. There is no program for the Mac OS which will identify bad CC, so you will manually have to cull your collection. Move your Mods folder to your Desktop and start up your game to allow the game to generate a new folder. Add back a few pieces at a time, say no more than 10. Start up your game and check to see if the CC shows up in CAS. If it does, quit out of the game and add some more CC. Keep doing this until you can narrow down which piece may be causing the error. 

Please let us know the results of this. 

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 26 of 40 (576 Views)

@EXTEMA9817

I’m confused by your last screenshot. Under the Kind tab in your Finder window you have OtherOnes and Gen77 showing as the kind of file. What is this? Could you please take a screenshot of the contents of your Applications folder and attach it here?

Could you also please click on a single piece of CC to highlight it, hold down the CMD key and press i to bring up the info window. Near the top of the info window will be the file path showing where that piece of CC is. Please post the exact file path here, or a screenshot.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 27 of 40 (575 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

hi, so when i download them they said gen77 or others from the start ,could that be the problem ill send screen shots in a sec

okay update when i would highligh some and press the "I" key it would also highlight the resource.cfg file but others wouldn't

what should it say? under the kind tab

Message 28 of 40 (567 Views)

@EXTENMA

You need to disable iCloud Drive as it is storing your game data in the cloud. The game will only see your data if it is stored locally on your Mac in the Documents folder. For instructions on doing this please read my guide - https://bluebellflora.com/2017/02/06/sims-3-and-sims-4-not-loading-save-games/

Could you please also provide a screenshot of the contents of your Applications folder? I am guessing that you have an app installed which is set to automatically open files of type which is why you’re getting the other names under Kind.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 29 of 40 (541 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

i turned off icloud and added my documents to my finder before turning it off but it still says other or gen77 under the kind tab but the path now shows

Macintosh HD /Applications/Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4/Mods

@Bluebellflora

Message 30 of 40 (528 Views)