Re: Mods not showing up

by jpkarlsen

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Re: CC not working :(

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

hi I'm having the same problem I have downloaded the latest CC and I have enabled cc mods and script mods in my game I apply the changes and close the game praying it will work IT DOESNT my mods folder doesn't even pop up when I open the game. I have my EA folder in my documents tab but it has a separate folder titled my documents please help me I just bought the game and  i am really really upset I am on a MacBook Pro 2011 maybe thats why? I have tried everything I uninstalled the game I hAVE REPAIRED THE folders I have refreshed the app

@Bluebellflora @puzzlezaddict @FutureSunflower @124567809

Message 1 of 40 (581 Views)

Accepted Solution

@EXTENMA

Thanks. Firstly, get rid of MacKeeper immediately. It is an appalling piece of software that does more harm than good. It can potentially delete core files resulting in operating system instability. But.... it is not easy to delete as it typically rebuilds itself - https://www.macworld.com/article/2861435/software-utilities/how-to-uninstall-mackeeper-from-your-mac...

Secondly, the app you have installed, Open Any File, is probably what's causing the weird default programs to open the .package files. I would also suggest getting rid of that for now too, you can always reinstall it later.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -

View in thread

Message 36 of 40 (939 Views)

All Replies

Mods not showing up

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

HI I know this is off topic but I really need your help no mods are showing in my game I already checked on the options in the "other" tab my EA is placed in my Documents folder but still nothing PLLEASE HELP ME  

@crinrict

Message 2 of 40 (695 Views)

Hero
I'm moving your post to it's own thread in tech.

The bug forum is for reporting bugs on vanilla games. Please don't just post in a random thread.

Someone else will hopefully assist you soon

@EXTENMA

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 40 (681 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

can you help me?

@crinrict

Message 4 of 40 (675 Views)
Highlighted

Champion (Retired)

Here is an easy way to find out which folder your game is using: https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2018/07/how-to-find-your-user-folder/ 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 5 of 40 (663 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

it says it doesn't exist....

Update: Just Found this the path doesn't look right

@jpkarlsen

Message 6 of 40 (661 Views)

Champion (Retired)

That path seems right meaning the Mods folder will be here: Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 7 of 40 (648 Views)

★ Apprentice
then what am i doing wrong? i have everything checked off the mods in the right place
Message 8 of 40 (654 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Your mods are probably in a compressed format (ZIP, RAR) and you forgot to unpack them. Read install instructions where you got it.

Message 9 of 40 (652 Views)

★ Apprentice
each has .package at the end
Message 10 of 40 (640 Views)