All my homes on Sims are gone.

by alkehage

Original Post

Re: game not saving

@msgouter

Check your iCloud settings - https://bluebellflora.com/2017/02/06/sims-3-and-sims-4-not-loading-save-games/

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 50 of 528 (12,324 Views)

Mods folder empty

★ Apprentice

Hi all,

I have searched the internet and have been unable to come up with an answer, so hopefully someone here can help me. Anyway, it was been a few months since I last played the Sims and I was excited to finally get some type to play today. However, when I logged into the game, I noticed that all my mods and CC were missing. I exited and went to my mods folder and it was completely empty, except for the 'resources' file. I have checked my trash and can't find anything there either. About a month ago, I did accidentally move my EA folder and it messed up my saves so I made sure to fix that and that all my mods/CC were still there and they were. I don't think I deleted the mods folder since that time (and even if I did, why would there still be one in my EA folder?). Any help would be greatly appreciated! I really don't want to have to redownload everything again. 

Message 51 of 528 (8,546 Views)

Re: Mods folder empty

@UserMnk11611

A Mods folder will be automatically created in the Sims 4 folder when you launch the game if there is not one already there, and you have CC/Mods enabled in the game settings.

Have you checked your iCloud Drive? https://bluebellflora.com/2017/02/06/sims-3-and-sims-4-not-loading-save-games/

AHQSigImage.png
Message 52 of 528 (8,522 Views)

★ Apprentice
@Bluebellflora oh, I didn't realize that! Thank you for letting me know. Also, unfortunately, I did check my iCloud drive and even searched my whole computer for the folder. I somehow have 6 Mod folders and not a single one has any of my CC or mods, unfortunately.
Message 53 of 528 (8,508 Views)

@UserMnk11611 

Try doing a search this way to find any erroneous Mods folders. Open Terminal in your Applications > Utilities folder and copy/paste the following command then hit Enter/Return:

find ~ -type d -name "*Mods*" 2>/dev/null

Give it a moment to return the results then please copy/paste the results here.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 54 of 528 (8,503 Views)

★ Apprentice
@Bluebellflora Okay, here it is! Also, I'm replacing my name with 'user' just for privacy reasons:
/Users/USER/Library/Mobile Documents/com~apple~CloudDocs/The Sims 4 copy-version1/Mods
/Users/USER/Library/Mobile Documents/com~apple~CloudDocs/The Sims 4/Mods
/Users/USER/Library/Mobile Documents/com~apple~CloudDocs/The Sims 4-test/Mods
/Users/USER/Library/Mobile Documents/com~apple~CloudDocs/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4/Mods
/Users/USER/iCloud Drive (Archive)/Documents/Electronic Arts copy/The Sims 4/Mods
/Users/USER/iCloud Drive (Archive)/Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4/Mods
/Users/USER/Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4/Mods
/Users/USER/Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4/Mods/Game Mods
MacBook-Pro:~ USER

Also, I kind of figured they were all gone forever so I started to redownload some things, so hopefully that doesn't mess anything up! Thank you again for helping!
Message 55 of 528 (8,496 Views)

[ Edited ]

@UserMnk11611 

Thanks Standard smile

I see seven different locations:

/Users/USER/Library/Mobile Documents/com~apple~CloudDocs/The Sims 4 copy-version1/Mods
/Users/USER/Library/Mobile Documents/com~apple~CloudDocs/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4/Mods
/Users/USER/iCloud Drive (Archive)/Documents/Electronic Arts copy/The Sims 4/Mods
/Users/USER/Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4/Mods

Have you looked in all seven?

AHQSigImage.png
Message 56 of 528 (7,688 Views)

★ Apprentice

Unfortunately, I have Frown The last one was a subset of the new mods file I started to build. I'm pretty sad it seems I somehow deleted everything, but I guess it is what it is! I really appreciate your help!

Message 57 of 528 (7,681 Views)

[ Edited ]

@UserMnk11611 

These are the seven folders, I've split them into the three locations for you and highlighted the subfolder path:

/Users/USER/Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4/Mod   

AHQSigImage.png
Message 58 of 528 (2,808 Views)

All my homes on Sims are gone.

★★★ Newbie

All my saved "homes" on Sims4 are gone, how can I get them back? I haven't played for 2 months and now, when I started the game, they were all gone. I did some kind of update, "Christmas decorations" for free before starting the game, but that is it. I would like to get som help. Ps: I am from Sweden so easy english please!!! 

Message 59 of 528 (2,734 Views)