Re: Purchased Origin Sims 4 on MAC but now library says only available on window

by AriaMad2

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Purchased Origin Sims 4 on MAC but now library says only available on windows

★★★ Newbie

Hello,

As the title suggests, I recently purchased Sims 4 on Origin on my MacBook Air, as it says directly underneath the game that it is supported on PC and MAC. After purchasing the game, I have rebooted my mac and rebooted Origin, cleared my cache, uninstalled and reinstalled Origin, and it still tells me that Sims 4 is only available on windows, EVEN THOUGH it clearly says that it supports PC and mac. Please help.

Message 1 of 7 (11,976 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Purchased Origin Sims 4 on MAC but now library says only available on window

@trishasaurusrex6

Instructions here on how to purchase the game and NOT a Windows only Origin Access subscription - https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/Origin-Access-is-not-available-for-Mac-How-to-buy-The...

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -

View in thread

Message 3 of 7 (11,915 Views)

All Replies

★ Guide
@trishasaurusrex6 Did you use Origin Access?
Message 2 of 7 (11,931 Views)

@trishasaurusrex6

Instructions here on how to purchase the game and NOT a Windows only Origin Access subscription - https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/Origin-Access-is-not-available-for-Mac-How-to-buy-The...

AHQSigImage.png
Message 3 of 7 (11,916 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@trishasaurusrex6 I didn't purchase it but it said that it was only available on pc
Message 4 of 7 (8,869 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Bluebellflora are you sure it works I really don't want to waste my money for it to not work later
Message 5 of 7 (8,866 Views)

@avengerss

I've been running the base game and all packs released so far on all my Macs since 2015 so yeah, I'd say it works. The EA Play subscription is NOT available for Mac so don't buy a subscription.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 6 of 7 (8,861 Views)

Locking this to avoid further necroposting. See solution for how to buy the game for Mac.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 7 of 7 (8,859 Views)