Re: Invalid registration code

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Re: Code

@trs_kumars  Is this the message you're seeing?

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/Product-code-won-t-work-for-MacOS-on-launch/m-p/81105...

(Click on the attached screenshot to see it in your browser window.)

If so, can you please try creating a new admin user account on your Mac and launching the game through there.  If you're not sure how to do it, I described it here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/Product-code-won-t-work-for-MacOS-on-launch/m-p/81122...

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 21 of 36 (1,061 Views)

★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict Hi! Thanks for your helping, I have the same problem, and I've tried everything you've said, but it doesn't work.
Do you think it's a problem of compatibility with MacOs?
Message 22 of 36 (1,040 Views)

@mbarcar237  Thanks for letting me know how the troubleshooting went, even if it didn't work.  It's definitely a macOS issue, but it's not universal.  I did half a dozen test installs into a fully updated Mojave over the weekend, with various combinations of approaches, and I couldn't reproduce.

Having said that, I do have a couple more ideas, if you want to keep working on this.  First, do you have an antivirus/firewall running?  If so, try disabling it.  And if you have some sort of cleaner app on your Mac, definitely get rid of it.  Aside from its potential effects on Origin and Sims games, it's just a bad idea overall.  Those apps often delete essential system files along with the junk they claim to clean up.

Please also check whether your system is set to allow apps from approved third parties, and whether it blocks anything after you get the invalid code message.  Click the Apple icon in the upper left corner of your screen, select System Preferences, then Security & Privacy; this is where you'd get a message about a blocked app or download.  Please also allow downloads from "App Store and identified developers."

If none of this helps, let me know, and I'll forward your information.  For the sake of being thorough, it would help to have your full specs, as described here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-3-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting...

Message 23 of 36 (1,034 Views)

★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict I don't have any antivirus, and also tried uninstalling my cleaner app.
Yesterday I got in touch with EA support here in Spain and send me some steps to fix our problem, but they don't fix this. So The support in USA told me that the problem is because of the new MacOS and because of that the origin application is not getting compatible with everyone's system on MAC, so they're working on int to fix this ASAP.
Also told me to keep an eye on forums and their Twitter account.

Thanks for your helping!!
Message 24 of 36 (1,029 Views)

[ Edited ]

@mbarcar237  Sims 3 won't run on Catalina, the newest OS (which is still in beta), but it runs fine on a fully updated Mojave.  Do you have Catalina?  If so, then there's nothing you can do to get the game running.  Sims 3 is 32-bit, Catalina doesn't support any 32-bit apps.  So unless EA puts in the work to make the game 64-bit, which is unlikely, there won't be any way to run it in Catalina.

As before, I'd still like to know the full specs of your computer.

The original poster of this thread reported having Mojave though, so we've been troubleshooting with that in mind.

Origin not being compatible with all versions of macOS is a separate issue.  The symptoms are pretty obvious too: Origin won't connect or load a game library.  Still, if you'd like to test, I can write out instructions for installing and launching Sims 3 without any Origin involvement.  You would of course need it to download the game, but it wouldn't manage your install.

Message 25 of 36 (1,022 Views)

★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict I have Mojave version 10.14.6 in a MacBook Air early 2015
Processor 2.2 GHz Intel core i7
Memory 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics Intel HD Graphics 6000 1536 MB

Now I'm playing Sims 3 on an old Windows laptop, but it'd be great to have it on my mac
Message 26 of 36 (1,015 Views)

@mbarcar237  Just to confirm, you have the issue where after the game launches, you're asked for a product code a second time, and entering it doesn't do anything?  There are other issues with your particular model of processor and graphics card, usually resulting in an unknown error message.  But if you've fixed those issues, then yes, the game should launch properly in Mojave.

Message 27 of 36 (1,054 Views)

Sims 3 won't launch

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

My wifi is running very well, but it is keep telling me to check my internet connection because it can't connect to the server. I'm playing sims 3 on MacBookPro 2019 13inch 8GB RAM and 250GB storage. How can I fix this problem? 

Message 28 of 36 (1,141 Views)

Re: Sims 3 won't launch

@Yubinm826  The issue is on EA's end, not yours—its server isn't responding to the file that's supposed to authenticate your install.  Try this workaround:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/Sims-3-quot-There-is-a-problem-connecting-to-the-serv...

Message 29 of 36 (1,123 Views)

Re: Sims 3 won't launch

★★ Novice

Thank you so much, I think it is working. But now when I try to play the game, it wants me to type int he registration code, and after I type it in, it says 'Exception Raised' and asks me if I want to debug it. But wether I click on Yes or No, sims will just quit itself. How can I fix this problem, please?

Message 30 of 36 (1,087 Views)