Code

by trs_kumars

Original Post

Re: Invalid registration code

@r34rdon_821  Alright, let me know when you can grab some screenshots.  If this is in fact some new error, I can ask one of the EA community managers to look into it, but he'll want to see exactly where in the process the problem occurs, and what it looks like.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 11 of 36 (1,269 Views)

★★★★ Novice

This is where it asks for the registration code and when it’s typed in it won’t go away you push done then it pops back up again

Message 12 of 36 (1,258 Views)

@r34rdon_821  I'm still curious exactly when in the process the box in that screenshot pops up, as in, when you try to open the launcher, or when the launcher is open and you press play, etc.  It shouldn't be there at all; I've never seen it in all the times I've installed TS3 in macOS (or in Windows for that matter).

At any rate, are you pressing play through Origin?  And are you using a legacy version of Origin instead of the current one?  (This has helped with a few recent Origin issues in macOS, but this problem could be a potential side effect of using a legacy version.)

If you haven't tried it already, launch the game without any Origin involvement.  Make sure Origin isn't running—cmd-option-esc will bring up a list of open apps, and you can force quit from there.  Then open Applications > The Sims 3, and double-click on the Seasons icon.

If you still get the popup asking for the code, please create a new admin account on the Mac and try launching the game from there, again without Origin being involved.

Message 13 of 36 (1,237 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I’ve tried through original Origin and through Origin Legacy and neither work. It happens upon launch you start up the game through Origin then when the screen pops up where it has a play button and shows your downloads and stuff I press play. After that starts up it shows the sims logo in the background as if the game is loading up then it asks for the code like in the screenshot 

Message 14 of 36 (1,230 Views)

★★★★ Novice

How do I start up the game without Origin? 

Message 15 of 36 (1,021 Views)

@r34rdon_821  Thanks for the info.  You can launch the game directly by opening Applications, then The Sims 3, and then double-clicking on the icon for Seasons.  Make sure Origin isn't running in the background first.  (As I mentioned, cmd-option-esc will bring up a list of running apps, and you can quit Origin from there if it's listed.)

Message 16 of 36 (1,006 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Still doesn’t work even without Origin open, still asks for the code and shows that prompt.

Message 17 of 36 (994 Views)

@r34rdon_821  Try creating a new admin account on the Mac and launching the game through there.  Here's how:

• Click on the Apple icon in the upper left corner of your screen, and select System Preferences
  • Click Users & Groups, which (for me at least) is in the bottom row, second from the left
  • Click the lock icon in the lower left corner of the window, and enter the admin password on the current account
  • Immediately above the lock, and below Login Options, click the + sign
  • In the popup window, enter the new account info.  Be sure to select Administrator as the type of account (from the dropdown menu at the top); a Standard account won't have the correct privileges
  • Restart the computer, and login to the new admin account
  • Don't open Origin, just go directly to Applications > The Sims 3, and launch the game from there

If this doesn't work, let me know, and we can try a clean uninstall and reinstall of the game.

Message 18 of 36 (975 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I will do that but I have completely erased the game and reinstalled it, so that doesn’t work. Support already had me do that.

Message 19 of 36 (967 Views)
Highlighted

Code

★★★ Newbie

The key code I bought from eBay works on the game. I have tried it on my Mac and MacBook which r the latest ones and Also on my 2008 MacBook. Both do not work. It all works the origin download and the sims download but when I click the actual game it says enter the code again and I correctly enter it and it doesn’t work and says retry. Idk what to do. I’ve even bought another key code

Message 20 of 36 (945 Views)