Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Problems installing Sims3Packs (TS3 64-bit)

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Re: Problems installing Sims3Packs (TS3 64-bit)

★★ Novice

Thanks for your response! 

I didn't see anything suspicious in the installed content tab, but just for curiosity I tried to uninstall one piece of cc -- and the exact same thing happened as before. The new launcher window tried to open, couldn't, spinning wheel of death, had to force quit the program. So it appears I am both unable to install and uninstall cc. 

I'm 90% sure I don't have iCloud enabled, but is there a way I can double check this?

Message 251 of 270 (266 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@kwado2 Try making a new Sims 3 file. Take the current one out and put it on your desktop, then launch and play the game. Then try to install, if that doesn’t work, delete the .cache files and then repair the game. I’ve had the spinning wheel of death problem and it’s very frustrating. Hang in there and we’ll try to help you figure it out. What are your computer specs & what computer do you have?

Message 252 of 270 (261 Views)

@kwado2  For iCloud, open a Finder window and click iCloud Drive.  If you only see a button to open iCloud preferences, you haven't set it up.  Alternately, click the Apple icon in the upper left corner of your screen, select System Preferences, then iCloud; if you're asked for an Apple ID and password, it's not enabled.

If iCloud isn't the issue, move your entire Sims 3 folder out of Documents > Electronic Arts and onto your desktop, open the launcher to spawn a clean folder, download a new copy of one item you'd like to install, and see whether it installs properly.  Let me know either way.

@mkbucklin  The scriptCache.package file is created along with the other four cache files, or at least it should be.  Opening the launcher doesn't generate any of them.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 253 of 270 (252 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict @Mine generates when I play the game, it doesn’t automatically generate.

Message 254 of 270 (255 Views)

@mkbucklin  That's what I'm saying, that scriptCache.package and the other four cache files are generated when the game is launched, not when the launcher itself is opened.  The other poster said they had four cache files but not scriptCache.

Message 255 of 270 (253 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@kwado2 Does the scriptcache file generate when you open the launcher and play the game? Or does it not appear at all?

Message 256 of 270 (250 Views)

★★ Novice

@mkbucklin @puzzlezaddict 

Hey all! Thanks much for your input, but I actually ended up finding the solution elsewhere. Here's what finally worked for me:

In addition to deleting the four cache files, I also deleted all the Launcher Files and Thumbnails. After that I was able to successfully install all my cc and launch the game with no issues. I followed this guide and it worked perfectly:

http://simswiki.info/wiki.php%3Ftitle%3DGame_Help:Sims_3_Delete_Cache_Files

So looks like it was never an iCloud issue, it was just those weird extra files I had to delete. As far as the scriptCache.package file, for whatever reason that one did not reappear until after I had actually launched the game and played for a bit - it is back now. 

Message 257 of 270 (245 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Not sure if this is the right thread, but I've downloaded the 64 bit sims 3, and none of my save files (so my sims families) are there! Can anyone direct me on how to get them back? I've check my sims 3 files (assuming the 32b ones?) and they are there, so do i just need to move them across? 

Thank you in advance!!! Standard smile 

Message 258 of 270 (210 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@bonbonbonni3 You have to move them over to the new saves folder.

Message 259 of 270 (192 Views)

@bonbonbonni3  Saves need to be in Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 3 > Saves in order for the game to read them.  If your saves look like they're already there, please make sure you're not in the iCloud version of Documents.  You can tell the difference by right-clicking on a given file or folder and selecting Get Info; the file path is listed under "Where."

Message 260 of 270 (185 Views)
Twitter Stream