Sims 3 64-bit: problems installing store/custom content

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Re: Custom Content won't install

★★★ Novice
@Goldenthrush Thanks for the suggestion, I just tried it and it still isn't installing Frown
Message 241 of 402 (733 Views)

Re: Custom Content won't install

@PoppyFoxy  I didn't see your update before posting.  After running the Origin reset tool, you need to repair the game to restore a couple of hidden library files that the reset tool deletes.  When those files aren't present, you get the "critical system failure" error.  To repair, open your Origin game library, right-click on the Sims 3 icon, and select Repair.

Please see if you can download your missing expansion packs as well.  The issue should be resolved now.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 242 of 402 (718 Views)

Re: Problems installing Sims3Packs (TS3 64-bit)

★★★ Novice

How do you repair the game in origin? My games are all store bought.

Message 243 of 402 (949 Views)

@KaysaVolk  Do you have the 64-bit version of Sims 3?  If so, you've installed it through Origin, and you can open your Origin game library, right-click on the Sims 3 icon, and select Repair.

If you have the old 32-bit version please let me know what your issue is, because troubleshooting is a bit different with that version.

Message 244 of 402 (945 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi, yeah I've got the 64 bits version and I have also repaired my game. I am, although, still unable to install any cc, when I click on the cc icon to install it through the launcher, it does pop up but it never shows up in the download section nor does it start downloading. 

Message 245 of 402 (914 Views)

@KaysaVolk  Are you trying to start the install process through the launcher, or by double-clicking a Sims3Pack?  If the latter, please instead move the custom content to Documents > Elctronic Arts > The Sims 3 > Downloads, open the launcher, check off one item, and click Install.

You may not see the spash screen for the installer—it often appears directly behind the launcher.  But if the install process starts, you'll get a second plumbob in your dock, which you can click on to see the installer.  If clicking Install does nothing, try closing the launcher and opening it again.

Message 246 of 402 (900 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi, thank you for the advice but it hasn't worked either. When I try to install it, it seems like the process is interrupted and it does nothing.

Message 247 of 402 (877 Views)

@KaysaVolk  Try installing into a clean folder.  Move your entire Sims 3 folder out of Documents > Electronic Arts and onto your desktop, open the launcher to spawn a clean folder, and try installing one item into it, again by moving the file to the Downloads folder and using the launcher to install.  If you get an error, let me know.

If this works, you can go ahead and install the rest of your content in small batches, and then move your other content from the old Sims 3 folder to the new one.  Let me know if you need help with this process.

Message 248 of 402 (862 Views)

Problems installing content to The Sims 3

★★ Novice

Hi!

So I just re-downloaded The Sims 3 onto my MacBook Air Catalina (yay)! But now I'm having problems downloading CC, I've tried downloading items from the exchange thesims3.com. They show up on my launcher as downloads but they're not installed. When I tried installing them the first few times it said ''sims3launcher/strings/kwarn_verifyepdependenciesfail:text'' , after a few tries I went onto Origin to use the repair button and then I actually managed to install a few of the CCs. Now however, when I choose items to install nothing happens, the little box doesn't show up and I can't click anywhere. And I have to use the force stop button in order to close the game. Any ideas what's wrong?

Been missing the game too much and I really want my CC back :'(

Message 249 of 402 (814 Views)

Re: Problems installing content to The Sims 3

@backlundj  When you click Install, do you get a second plumbob in your dock?  If so, click on that to see the installer at work.

If you don't see a second plumbob, please start with a new Sims 3 folder.  Move the existing one out of Documents > Electronic Arts and onto your desktop, open the launcher to spawn a clean folder, download one cc item, and see whether it installs.  If clicking the Install button does nothing, close the launcher and reopen it.

If the item installs, you can keep adding more cc, but install only a few items at a time—the launcher doesn't handle large amounts of data very well.  And after you've installed any content, look through the launcher's Installed Content tab to make sure you didn't get any items you weren't expecting.  Sims3Packs can contain bad cc that may bork your saves, crash the launcher, or prevent you from properly installing more cc, so it's best to catch and uninstall it as soon as possible.

It can also help to remove already installed Sims3Packs from Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 3 > Downloads; you can put them aside for later reuse if you want.

Message 250 of 402 (786 Views)