Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Problems installing Sims3Packs (TS3 64-bit)

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Re: Problems installing Sims3Packs (TS3 64-bit)

★ Novice

Hello so i was facing the same issue with all of my sims 3 exp. games and every time i was redeeming my codes in origin i could not play the game as it was not downloading. Therefore, every time i wanted to download an exp. game i was live chatting with ea agents to download my games manually. Hopefully this helps!

Message 271 of 277 (302 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi, I've downloaded a lot of CC for months and haven't had an issue. Tonight however, the second plumbbob pops up when I click "install" and goes nonresponsive, doesn't install, and also greys out the other buttons. I have force quite 4x, restarted my mac, etc. Didn't have any gameplay issue yesterday. Have "repaired" via launcher. What should I do? I saw something about 4rd party content to bypass the launcher but that's only for PC's, not 64 bit mac. Thanks!

Message 272 of 277 (284 Views)

@kitkat1819  Does the content install in a clean Sims 3 folder?  It's worth testing just to make sure the issue isn't the content itself.

If the content works in a clean folder, there's an easy way to transfer it to your current user folder.  There's also a way to convert custom content from Sims3Packs .package files, although it doesn't work with worlds.  But the first thing to try is installing in a clean folder, and we can go from there.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 273 of 277 (276 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I don't know if this has been discussed yet, but my game won't work with sims 3 packs. I don't know how to fix it, could I get some help please?

Message 274 of 277 (247 Views)

@Pixels2001  What content are you installing that makes the game not work, and what exactly happens after you've installed it?

Message 275 of 277 (235 Views)

★★ Novice

Hello. I have a Question. I'm late to finding out TS3 being available on 64-bit until recently. After finally being able to download the game. I go to download the store content I purchased years ago. I was able to install everything but when I went to play after a couple of seconds my game turns white flashing in a sense, I can barely see my sims/the world or the controls to exit the screen. I don't have this issue at all when I disable the content. I was wondering do I need to download the store updates or if there other ways to solve this issue. 

Message 276 of 277 (126 Views)

@Yaya1765  The store updates are included in this version of the game.  Did you install anything other than store content?  If so, please remove it.

If not, or if removing the other files doesn't help, please move the entire Sims 3 folder out of Documents > Electronic Arts and onto your desktop.  When you launch the game, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  Before adding anything, please load a save and make sure it runs properly.  Then quit (wihtout saving if you want), install just one store item, and test.  Let me know how it goes.

Message 277 of 277 (119 Views)
Twitter Stream