Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Problems installing Sims3Packs (TS3 64-bit)

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Re: Problems installing Sims3Packs (TS3 64-bit)

★★★ Novice

Hi there, wondering if you have a moment to help me out. I did what you recommended moving The Sims 3 out of the Documents>EA folder to spawn a new launcher, I am able to get the custom content into the downloads section of the launcher however when I hit install nothing happens. I am familiar with .sims3pack files and how to install them but there's no installation window or anything. It's just the CC showing up in the launcher but it doesn't let me install but there's no errors literally nothing happens. 

Message 261 of 270 (676 Views)

@divagurl111  Usually when this happens, all that's necessary is to close the launcher and open it again.  I've only ever needed to do so once, but other people have said it can take a couple tries.

The installation window is generally hidden behind the launcher, so you wouldn't see it even if the process did start.  You'll know it's happening when you get a second plumbob in your Dock, and you can click on that to see the window.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 262 of 270 (662 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi there! Just letting you know it started it work AFTER I launched the game and started playing in CAS/the world. Maybe all there needs to be is some data to install it to! Thanks for your help Standard smile 

Message 263 of 270 (645 Views)

Re: Can't install Sims 3 Store Store Purchased Content on Mac (64 bit-Metal)

★★★ Apprentice

i just downloaded sims 3 for mac metal, and I when i try to download custom CC it doesnt work and says "error occured" and brings forward the origin screen and doesnt let me download. I repaired the game and it didnt work. Here is a picture of the inside of the "installer data' file for origin attached. Im not sure how to fix this issue

Message 264 of 270 (242 Views)

@Summerxena  Please empty out the Downloads folder inside Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 3.  You can put these files wherever you want, but they need to be moved.  Download one cc item, and if it's from a third-party source, manually place the Sims3Pack in this Downloads folder.  If you're downloading from the Exchange, open the launcher first, then click Download.

When the item appears in the launcher, try to install it, just that one item, nothing else yet.  If it doesn't work, remove the underlying .Sims3Pack from the Downloads folder, close and reopen the launcher, and try again with a different cc item.

Message 265 of 270 (230 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hello, I am French and I have an IMac. Excuse me for my language mistakes. I believe I understood that American players (and other countries) can play with a 64 bits version of Sims3 by downloading "64 bits and metal" on Origin.... but me, I never had this option offered in Origin !!! Is this normal? France don't have the update?

Thank you in advance

Message 266 of 270 (226 Views)

@laliblablard73  The 64-bit version of Sims 3 should be available in all regions.  It's a separate entry in Origin and says "64-bit" on it:

DL 64-bit.png

If you don't see that version, you'll need to contact EA customer support and ask for it.  The important part is to ask for the "entitlement," as it's called, for the 64-bit version: you don't need a new copy of the game, just the rights to the 64-bit base game.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

Message 267 of 270 (215 Views)

★★★ Novice
@AeiaVio Omg! Thank you so much! That worked for me as well! Ah I’m so happy!
Message 268 of 270 (201 Views)

★ Novice

Hello. I have the 64 Bit Sims 3 downloaded as well as expansion packs but it is saying they are unable to work with the current game installed. Am i able to get entitlement with the expansion packs as well or am i going to have to repurchase them ? 

Message 269 of 270 (175 Views)

@bakerniyah  Your issue is different and has an easy fix.  Please open Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 3, and delete the file labled Version.tag.

Message 270 of 270 (167 Views)
Twitter Stream