Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Problems installing Sims3Packs (TS3 64-bit)

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Re: Problems installing Sims3Packs (TS3 64-bit)

★★★★★ Novice

If you get that notification about software it usually means the CC downloaded has not been updated for 64-bit or is too outdated. If it’s happening in Store Content, I would try deleting the caches and repairing the game as well as checking for updates in origin.

Message 231 of 277 (330 Views)

@srsmoonlite  The message you're seeing is a generic error, not anything to do with the actual problem.

Try installing the items into a clean Sims 3 folder.  Move your existing folder out of Documents > Electronic Arts and onto your desktop, open the launcher to create a clean folder, download one item from the store, install it, and see whether it works in-game.  If it does, you can install your other content too, but do so in small batches of no more than about six items at a time.  Worlds are large files and should be handled separately, not in a batch with anything else.

If you get your installed store content working, you can transfer your saves, custom content, etc. from the old folder to the new one and pick up where you left off.  You may also want to save a copy of the folder with the properly installed store content, so if this ever happens again, or you need to create a clean folder for some other reason, you can use a copy of this folder rather than starting from scratch.

As for the mods, do they work in-game?  Some mods don't show on the initial loading screen, for example tuning mods never show as far as I'm aware.  The important point is whether you can use them.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 232 of 277 (325 Views)

★★★ Novice

How do you repair the game in origin? My games are all store bought.

Message 233 of 277 (295 Views)

@KaysaVolk  Do you have the 64-bit version of Sims 3?  If so, you've installed it through Origin, and you can open your Origin game library, right-click on the Sims 3 icon, and select Repair.

If you have the old 32-bit version please let me know what your issue is, because troubleshooting is a bit different with that version.

Message 234 of 277 (291 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi, yeah I've got the 64 bits version and I have also repaired my game. I am, although, still unable to install any cc, when I click on the cc icon to install it through the launcher, it does pop up but it never shows up in the download section nor does it start downloading. 

Message 235 of 277 (260 Views)

@KaysaVolk  Are you trying to start the install process through the launcher, or by double-clicking a Sims3Pack?  If the latter, please instead move the custom content to Documents > Elctronic Arts > The Sims 3 > Downloads, open the launcher, check off one item, and click Install.

You may not see the spash screen for the installer—it often appears directly behind the launcher.  But if the install process starts, you'll get a second plumbob in your dock, which you can click on to see the installer.  If clicking Install does nothing, try closing the launcher and opening it again.

Message 236 of 277 (245 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi, thank you for the advice but it hasn't worked either. When I try to install it, it seems like the process is interrupted and it does nothing.

Message 237 of 277 (222 Views)

@KaysaVolk  Try installing into a clean folder.  Move your entire Sims 3 folder out of Documents > Electronic Arts and onto your desktop, open the launcher to spawn a clean folder, and try installing one item into it, again by moving the file to the Downloads folder and using the launcher to install.  If you get an error, let me know.

If this works, you can go ahead and install the rest of your content in small batches, and then move your other content from the old Sims 3 folder to the new one.  Let me know if you need help with this process.

Message 238 of 277 (207 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@AeiaVio This was the solve for me!!! Thank you!!
Message 239 of 277 (157 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I'm having a new problem where my store content will not stay installed. I have to install them each time I open the game or just not have them. I've figured out my cc issue with your advice (@puzzlezaddict) by deleting the cache and fixing my game. But, I don't understand why my store content won't stay installed. 

Message 240 of 277 (102 Views)
Twitter Stream