Sims 3 64-bit: problems installing store/custom content

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Re: Problems installing Sims3Packs (TS3 64-bit)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@puzzlezaddict I'm trying to install sims3pack. Actually I have only the base game
Message 11 of 390 (4,889 Views)

@Babi2410  You mentioned elsewhere that you got the downloads to work.  If there's still some issue you need help troubleshooting, please post back and let me know.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 12 of 390 (4,847 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict sorry to bother you, but I’ve had no issue installing the sims3packs but the game crashes unless ‘run without custom content’ is selected - is there any way to fix this?
Message 13 of 390 (4,832 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@puzzlezaddict Thank you very much <3
Message 14 of 390 (4,781 Views)

@XMFCDOFPA  You're not bothering me at all.  Are these Sims3Packs new downloads or old ones you moved over from a previous install?  If they're old try downloading new ones.

If that doesn't help or isn't the issue, try installing into a clean folder.  Move your existing folder out of Documents > Electronic Arts, open the launcher to spawn a new one, and download one store item (if you own any) or move one freshly downloaded Sims3Pack into Documents > Electronic Arts > Downloads.  Install it via the launcher, and see whether your game works.  If the store item is fine, add a cc item, but it would be helpful to test both if you can.  Riverview is free for anyone with a registered copy of the game.

Message 15 of 390 (3,630 Views)

Re: Having a problem downloading content from the Sims 3 Store

★★★★★ Guide

@puzzlezaddict wrote:

@VeroniqueBellamy  What error are you seeing from the launcher?  It's hard to know what to say without some context.

I'm not entirely sure how this would be MORE helpful than the log file, but here you go:

Screen Shot 2020-10-30 at 7.32.11 PM.png

Message 16 of 390 (3,337 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Thanks so much for this, But I've tried these steps as well, with new downloads from the sims store but every time I click install it takes me to the origin client instead. I can download from the store and i'm getting no errors, but I click install and the origin client is what is brought forward 

UPDATE: I don't know what I did exactly I know I clicked the play button on the launcher, then the origin client opened and then I clicked the origin button play, and then the sims 3 launcher opened again and then I tried to install at this point and Lo! Behold I'm installing!

Message 17 of 390 (3,576 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddictso both the custom content + Riverview worked - does this mean I can install all of the files in one go? or should I stick to installing them one by one?

EDIT: IT’S INSTALLING! EVERYTHING WORKS JUST FINE! THANK YOU!

Message 18 of 390 (3,489 Views)

Re: Having a problem downloading content from the Sims 3 Store

@VeroniqueBellamy  The error is more helpful because most people don't upload their log files, so we end up sorting by reported error.  These are the steps we know have helped people with the same error so far:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/Problems-installing-Sims3Packs-TS3-64-bit/m-p/9665254...

Please do post back if none of those suggestions helps you.

Message 19 of 390 (3,327 Views)

@XMFCDOFPA  For future reference, it's traditionally been better to install content in small batches (~6 items at a time, and worlds separately), because the launcher has always been fragile and liable to break under heavy workloads.  It's possible that this is no longer the case.  But I'd still go slowly, at least if you're in a position where you need to reinstall your store stuff or custom content in the future.

Message 20 of 390 (3,475 Views)