Re: Problems installing Sims3Packs (TS3 64-bit)

by divagurl111

Original Post

@divagurl111  Usually when this happens, all that's necessary is to close the launcher and open it again.  I've only ever needed to do so once, but other people have said it can take a couple tries.

The installation window is generally hidden behind the launcher, so you wouldn't see it even if the process did start.  You'll know it's happening when you get a second plumbob in your Dock, and you can click on that to see the window.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 291 of 390 (1,089 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice

Hi there! Just letting you know it started it work AFTER I launched the game and started playing in CAS/the world. Maybe all there needs to be is some data to install it to! Thanks for your help Standard smile 

Message 292 of 390 (1,072 Views)

Sims 3 64 bit - Store content opens in launcher but can't install

★★ Novice

So I have the Sims 3 (64 bit & metal) for mac, I have been able to get into the game as well as play some of the expansion packs.

Whenever I try to download store content it will open in the launcher, but will glitch and I won't be able to click on any buttons. Am specifically trying to get Sunlit Tides

Anyone else having this issue or know what to do?

I've uninstalled and reinstalled, used origin reset tool, repaired the game, but none of that works.

Message 293 of 390 (466 Views)

Re: Sims 3 64 bit - Store content opens in launcher but can't install

@menter2  In your first screenshot, Sunlit Tides hasn't finished downloading, or there's something wrong with the download.  Trying to install at that point isn't going to work.  Please give it a minute or so to finalize the download, close and reopen the launcher if necessary, and make sure the thumbnail next to ST is an image of the world, not a box.  Then try to install.  You may not see anything on-screen, but if you have a second plumbob in your Dock, that's the installer; you can click on it to see your progress.

If this doesn't work, please move your entire Sims 3 folder out of Documents > Electronic Arts and onto your desktop.  Repair the game (again), open the launcher to create a new Sims 3 folder, redownload ST, and try to install it.  If clicking Install does nothing, close the launcher and reopen it, then try installing again.

Message 294 of 390 (461 Views)

The Sims 3 (MAC) won't install store content

★ Apprentice

After 8 years playing The Sims on Windows, i decided to download The Sims 3 on my Macbook and give it a go. To begin with i had trouble with the game starting, although i have now fixed that and my only problem is that it won't let me install store content into the game.

All of the content will appear on the 'Downloads' section of TS3 launcher ready to install into the game, but when i tick any of the content and click the install button it will not do anything but load another icon in the dashboard with no installation window at all, just an icon that won't load anything or show any window even if i click on it. I've tried force quitting the launcher and the game many times, tried fixes online but it will not do anything but load up an icon with no installation window and does not install anything. I also get no error message and it doesn't crash or freeze on me. I've even left it to 'install' for half an hour but have had to force quit the entire launcher because nothing happens. I figured that maybe the content is already installed and that is why, but i enter the game and there is no store content on there.

I have absolutely no CC installed and no 3rd party content, just the base game and expansion packs since i'm starting fresh on this laptop. I haven't even got any save files on the game.

If anyone is able to help me or let me know if i'm missing anything, that would be amazing,

Thank you! Standard smile

Message 295 of 390 (772 Views)

Re: The Sims 3 (MAC) won't install store content

[ Edited ]

@Lucie4321  Click the other green plumbob icon in the Dock when you see it.  That's for the installer splash screen and window, which are usually hidden behind the launcher.

Message 296 of 390 (746 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Hi, thank you for your help,

I've done that, clicked the icon and plumbob that appears next to it in the dashboard because i know that the window can be hidden behind the launcher, but i click on it and absolutely nothing shows up and no installation happens. No window is there.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled the game to see if there is any change but nothing has improved. I have even right clicked on the icon that pops up and clicked 'show' but still nothing appears.

Message 297 of 390 (735 Views)

@Lucie4321  Just in case it helps, try repairing the game in Origin: open your game library, right-click on the Sims 3 icon, and select Repair.

If that doesn't make a difference, try installing into a clean user folder.  Move your entire Sims 3 folder out of Documents > Electronic Arts and onto your desktop, open the launcher to spawn a new folder, download a fresh copy of one store item, and see whether you can install it.  You can also drag the launcher to the side to see whether there's anything behind it.

If this doesn't help either, please make sure iCloud isn't syncing the contents of Documents with cloud storage.  If it is, that could mess with your or the game's ability to add or modify files within the Documents directory.  This guide was written for a different issue, but the relevant settings are the same:

https://bluebellflora.com/2017/02/06/sims-3-and-sims-4-not-loading-save-games/

Message 298 of 390 (725 Views)

★ Apprentice

I've just tried all of those solutions but still, nothing seems to be working. When i go into Origin to repair the game, i go into my library, right click on TS3 icon and there is no option there to repair the game at all, i've used the repair option on Origin before in the past but for some reason the option isn't even there, so i can't know whether that would work or not. Let me know if i've done that wrong or if there is another way i can repair the game through Origin.

I also did what you suggested and moved my Sims 3 folder out of the documents in order to spawn a new folder and redownloaded a store item back into the launcher, but still nothing happens. Absolutely no window shows up, it isn't hidden behind the launcher or any current tabs or windows open, i've double checked to see if it is hidden by clicking show all windows and there is no sign of installation besides the boxes being greyed out on the launcher as though it is installing. I tested to see if the items are actually installing but the installation window just isn't showing up but still nothing happens after waiting half an hour for it to install one item into the game.

I've just checked and followed the guide you linked to see if iCloud is syncing the contents of my Documents with cloud storage, and i don't think it is because there is no option there at all to unsync my desktop and documents folder as it says on the guide. I've double checked twice, so my iCloud isn't syncing my documents.

I honestly don't know what's wrong or what's happening, i've tried all that you have suggested, again, thank you for all your help. I've never had this problem on Windows, only Mac, and i know that Mac is a pain to play The Sims on anyway. My thoughts are that somehow the installation window is stuck somewhere or hidden by something other than the launcher and the windows that i have open, it isn't even showing up with just my desktop on display, but i don't know what the window could be stuck behind

Message 299 of 390 (717 Views)

@Lucie4321  Are you running the 32-bit version of Sims 3?  There's no way to repair it in Origin, unlike the 64-bit version.  You can tell the difference in a variety of ways, but the most telling will be the version number in the lower left corner of the launcher.  If it's 1.70, that's the 64-bit version; anything lower is 32-bit.

If you are in fact running the 32-bit version, please list the specs of your Mac, so I can see whether it supports Metal and therefore the 64-bit version.  This is the relevant info:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/32-bit-Sims-3-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p...

For the issue itself, are you running a cleaner app on your Mac?  Those can interfere with all kinds of data, and in sometimes unpredictable ways.

Message 300 of 390 (708 Views)