Re: Problems installing Sims3Packs (TS3 64-bit)

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

★ Apprentice

@kwado2 Does the scriptcache file generate when you open the launcher and play the game? Or does it not appear at all?

Message 281 of 390 (670 Views)

★★ Novice

@mkbucklin @puzzlezaddict 

Hey all! Thanks much for your input, but I actually ended up finding the solution elsewhere. Here's what finally worked for me:

In addition to deleting the four cache files, I also deleted all the Launcher Files and Thumbnails. After that I was able to successfully install all my cc and launch the game with no issues. I followed this guide and it worked perfectly:

http://simswiki.info/wiki.php%3Ftitle%3DGame_Help:Sims_3_Delete_Cache_Files

So looks like it was never an iCloud issue, it was just those weird extra files I had to delete. As far as the scriptCache.package file, for whatever reason that one did not reappear until after I had actually launched the game and played for a bit - it is back now. 

Message 282 of 390 (665 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Not sure if this is the right thread, but I've downloaded the 64 bit sims 3, and none of my save files (so my sims families) are there! Can anyone direct me on how to get them back? I've check my sims 3 files (assuming the 32b ones?) and they are there, so do i just need to move them across? 

Thank you in advance!!! Standard smile 

Message 283 of 390 (630 Views)

★ Apprentice

@bonbonbonni3 You have to move them over to the new saves folder.

Message 284 of 390 (612 Views)

@bonbonbonni3  Saves need to be in Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 3 > Saves in order for the game to read them.  If your saves look like they're already there, please make sure you're not in the iCloud version of Documents.  You can tell the difference by right-clicking on a given file or folder and selecting Get Info; the file path is listed under "Where."

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 285 of 390 (605 Views)

Re: downloading error {0}

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@puzzlezaddicthi, thanks for suggestions! but closing and opening did not solve the issue. iCloud is not running to my knowledge and does not sync documents folder. do you know of anything else that might help? thanks!

Message 286 of 390 (463 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

lmao right after i sent that^ i randomly tried again just for kicks and it worked! the mystery of sims lol. i had to reboot my computer unrelatedly, maybe that did it? who knows ! thanks for your support (:

Message 287 of 390 (461 Views)

★ Apprentice
yet another follow up, in case it is interesting, I had only downloaded 1 thing so i tried another and this time i ran into the 2nd problem where it says it downloaded to the launcher but the install button doesn't work (and then all the launcher buttons stop working). unsure what the issue is, will post again if i find out more
Message 288 of 390 (456 Views)

@lcsoloman1  Whenever the install button doesn't work, I just close the launcher and reopen it; I've never had to do more than that.  But yes, restarting your computer can fix all kinds of annoying issues.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 289 of 390 (439 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi there, wondering if you have a moment to help me out. I did what you recommended moving The Sims 3 out of the Documents>EA folder to spawn a new launcher, I am able to get the custom content into the downloads section of the launcher however when I hit install nothing happens. I am familiar with .sims3pack files and how to install them but there's no installation window or anything. It's just the CC showing up in the launcher but it doesn't let me install but there's no errors literally nothing happens. 

Message 290 of 390 (1,120 Views)