Re: Problems installing Sims3Packs (TS3 64-bit)

by mkbucklin

Original Post

[ Edited ]

@mkbucklin  Do you have iCloud enabled and set to automatically sync the contents of Documents with cloud storage?  If so, please disable the auto sync function.  This article is for a different issue, but the relevant settings are the same.

https://bluebellflora.com/2017/02/06/sims-3-and-sims-4-not-loading-save-games/

If that doesn't help, please move your entire Sims 3 folder out of Documents > Electronic Arts and onto your desktop, open the launcher to create a clean folder, install one store item, and see whether it shows up in-game.  If it does, quit, restart your computer, load the game again, and see whether it's still there.  Let me know either way.

And if the store content disappears again, please let me know whether you have a third-party antivirus or a cleaner app, and which one(s).

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 261 of 400 (737 Views)
Highlighted

★ Apprentice

I do have a cleaner called Malware Bytes. Will that affect it? I will try what you suggested later because I am not at home but thank you for the suggestions.

Message 262 of 400 (733 Views)

@mkbucklin  Malwarebytes shouldn't delete anything without your explicit permission, so no, that shouldn't have an effect.  I was referring to either antivirus apps that might block access to or remove files in the Documents directory, or apps like CleanMyMac that automatically remove files labeled as duplicates or temp junk.  Either one could cause this type of issue.

Message 263 of 400 (727 Views)

downloading error {0}

★ Apprentice

trying to install stuff i got from the sims 3 store way back when, every time i try to download a cas or build/buy object i get an error message and the status is 🚫. i try to download riverview and it works fine but the install button does not. Any way i can get access to all of that? is the launcher not the same as before? thanks so much for help in advance !

Message 264 of 400 (613 Views)

Re: downloading error {0}

@lcsoloman1  Try repairing the game in Origin: open your game library, right-click (or hold crtl and click) on the Sims 3 icon, and select Repair.  Don't run the Origin reset tool after this, or if you do, repair again afterwards: the reset tool removes a hidden Library file that's necessary for store content to work, and the repair puts it back.

If that doesn't work, please move the entire Sims 3 folder out of Documents > Electronic Arts and onto your desktop, open the launcher to create a new folder, download one Store item, and try to install it.  If nothing happens, close the launcher and reopen it, then try again.

Message 265 of 400 (595 Views)

★ Apprentice

thank you!! this fixed the download error !! but now when i click install nothing happens. any chance you might know how to fix this as well? thanks!!

Message 266 of 400 (550 Views)

Monte Vista Won't Download/Install

★★★★★ Novice

I recently bought the Hidden Springs/Monte Vista package from the Origin store. I redeemed both in The Sims 3 online store. Hidden Springs downloaded exactly as expected, but every time I try to download Monte Vista, it opens the launcher, and displays a box icon, rather than an image of the world, and an image of a blue downwards arrow with two additional shadow arrows behind it rather than the single curved blue arrow into Sims 3 icon under Status. The type is listed as an Object, rather than a World.

When I click the checkbox, and then "Install", the Install button goes lighter, as they do to indicate that you've clicked them, but then does not return to normal. If I mouse over other buttons (Welcome, Downloads, Uploads, Delete, Show File, whatever), they also go lighter and stay that way. The launcher says that the file is 215.6MB, but there is no file in my downloads folder.

I tried opening the launcher before clicking Download in the store. I tried downloading from Purchase History, and product page. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, please help!

PS, just noticed the "Choose File" button, I'll enclose what it looks like in the launcher.

Message 267 of 400 (546 Views)

@lcsoloman1  Try closing the launcher and opening it again.  If that doesn't help, please make sure you don't have iCloud running and set to automatically sync the contents of your Documents folder.

Message 268 of 400 (537 Views)

Re: Monte Vista Won't Download/Install

@StarrySkySimmer  What you see in your screenshot is what an item looks like as it's downloading.  The question is why the download never completes properly.  It might also help in this case to simply close and reopen the launcher after the download isn't progressing anymore.

Otherwise, please delete the Monte Vista downloaded Sims3Pack in Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 3 > Downloads.  Make sure there isn't a Monte Vista file in ...The Sims 3 > InstalledWorlds as well.  Then download a new version of MV from the store using Firefox, and see whether it installs.

If that doesn't help, please move your entire Sims 3 folder out of Documents > Electronic Arts and onto your desktop, open the launcher to spawn a clean folder, download MV (but nothing else) again using Firefox, and see whether you can install it.  If not, close the launcher and reopen it, and try again.

Message 269 of 400 (533 Views)

Re: Monte Vista Won't Download/Install

★★★★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict Thank you for your help.

I tried closing and reopening the launcher, but that didn't work.

The Monte Vista Sims3Pack is simply not appearing. When I go to Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 3 > Downloads, I see my other worlds and store content, but Monte Vista is absent. It's also not in InstalledWorlds. I gave downloading it from Firefox a shot, but that didn't spawn the documents either. I had moved my original Sims 3 folder out before trying that, like you suggested.

(Thank you for the suggestion of removing and respawning the entire folder, though, because in my efforts to fix it I had completely stopped the game from opening X) )

Message 270 of 400 (528 Views)