Re: Problems installing Sims3Packs (TS3 64-bit)

by mkbucklin

Original Post

Re: Problems installing content to The Sims 3

★★ Novice

Hi!

yes I do get a second plumbot showing up next to the first one (the launcher) but I can’t click it. Nothing shows up/happens/doesn’t want to open.. and then I have to use the force it shut option to get it to close down.. 

I tried reinstalling everything and repair etc etc and removed all cc and then it worked briefly and I began downloading cc again, managed to install like 10 pieces then it began doing the same again. And these aren’t new cc it’s stuff I used to have before Catalina update. But maybe some of my old cc just don’t work with the new sims 3 update, could that be it?

Message 251 of 390 (505 Views)

Re: Problems installing content to The Sims 3

@backlundj  I've noticed that some custom content appears to not install correctly in the 64-bit version of Sims 3 when it was working fine in the 32-bit version.  I'm not sure why.

But what you can do, other than avoiding those items, is make backup copies of your Sims 3 folder as you're installing content.  Every time it works, make a new backup copy of the folder.  When you try to install an item and the launcher freezes, delete the Sims 3 folder you're currently using and restore the newest backup, then don't install the problem cc the next time.  That way, you won't be stuck reinstalling everything from scratch.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 252 of 390 (503 Views)

Sims 3 won't install cc from sims 3 community. New 64 bit game on mac

★★ Novice

Hello.

i just downloaded the new 64 bit game on mac os catalina, and i tried to download a sim from the sims 3 community page, but when it launched in the sims 3 launcher, it wouldn't allow me to install it. The text always says: Sims3Launcher/Strings/kWarn_VerifyEPDependenciesFail:Text. Even if there is no warning on the status of the cc, it won't open the install. 

I've done everything I know. Redownloaded origin, repaired the game, clear clashed the origin downloadcache, but every time i try to delete the downloadcache folder, it just pops up again when I open origin, as if I didn't just put it in the trash and emptied it -.-

What do I do..

Message 253 of 390 (565 Views)

Re: Sims 3 won't install cc from sims 3 community. New 64 bit game on mac

[ Edited ]

@Nina3952  There are some Sims3Packs that throw that message for no apparent reason in the 64-bit version of Sims 3, even if they work in the 32-bit version.  If you'd like, I can test the sim myself; that way you'll know whether the issue is your system or not.

If you're interested, please send me the link via private message.  Links to third-party content aren't allowed on this site, but they're fine on PMs.

Message 254 of 390 (539 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@AeiaVio This was the solve for me!!! Thank you!!
Message 255 of 390 (536 Views)

★ Apprentice

I'm having a new problem where my store content will not stay installed. I have to install them each time I open the game or just not have them. I've figured out my cc issue with your advice (@puzzlezaddict) by deleting the cache and fixing my game. But, I don't understand why my store content won't stay installed. 

Message 256 of 390 (482 Views)

@mkbucklin  Do the .ebc files in DCCache actually disappear?  Those files contain bundled store content, but if one of the bundles gets corrupted, it can affect the game's ability to read all of them.  (The .dbc files are custom content and can be ignored when dealing with this issue.)

If you see the .ebc files in DCCache but your store content isn't loading, please remove all the .ebc files, as well as any installed store worlds in InstalledWorlds and ccmerged.package in DCBackup.  In fact, unless you want to upload items to the Exchange and you want custom content to stick to it, just delete the entire DCBackup folder.  Then install a couple of store items, see whether they show up in-game, quit, restart your computer, and test again.  Let me know how it goes.

Message 257 of 390 (735 Views)
Highlighted

★ Apprentice

I did as you said, and I went into my packages & downloads folders to delete them. I noticed they had downloaded as .sims3pack in my packages folder. The item I downloaded and installed from the store didn't show up in game and when I quit the game it showed as not being installed in the launcher.

Message 258 of 390 (719 Views)

@mkbucklin  When you install store content, it shows up in .ebc files in DCCache.  Are those files still intact?  If so, please remove all of those, as well as the other files I listed.  Then download and install one store item and test it.

Message 259 of 390 (711 Views)

★ Apprentice

I did all of that and it still doesn’t show up in game and it doesn’t stay installed.

Message 260 of 390 (694 Views)