Re: Problems installing Sims3Packs (TS3 64-bit)

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddic I am in need of downloading store content. I am not able to download anything. I am also not able to log into my EA account via the launcher.
Message 161 of 390 (1,523 Views)

@aodoherty  The launcher has always been fussy, and the game is too.  Sometimes I can't figure out why something starts working again, and I just accept it and move on.  Better that than the opposite.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 162 of 390 (1,468 Views)

[ Edited ]

Marked as a solution for visibility

For anyone still having issues installing store or custom content, the update today (November 9) has fixed the underlying problem that is the most common cause of an "Error downloading content" or "critical system failure."

If you have this issue, please repair the game in Origin: open your game library, right-click on the Sims 3 icon, and select Repair.  Then open the launcher and see whether the base game icon in the lower left corner is grayed out.  If it's now green, the underlying issue should be solved, and you should be able to install content again.

Although the underlying cause of expansion and stuff pack icons being grayed out is the same, that is not addressed in this fix.  However, the grayed out pack icons should not affect your ability to install or use store or custom content.

If you still get the same errors when downloading or installing content, and your base game icon is NOT grayed out in the launcher, please move the entire Sims 3 folder out of Documents/Electronic Arts and onto your desktop, open the launcher to spawn a clean folder, and download a fresh copy of one item to test.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 163 of 390 (34,232 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

this was the screenshot, let me know if you still can't see it!

Screen Shot 2020-11-08 at 7.52.24 PM.png

there's two plist files in my installer data folder. and as for downloading a new item, i've tried it and the install button doesn't work for me. i tried closing the launcher and opening it again, and i got the same result. also, none of my expansion packs show up in the launcher.

UPDATE: so now, there's multiple plist files in the installer data for my expansion packs and stuff packs, the only issue is that the installer button isn't working

Message 164 of 390 (1,439 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Whenever I launch my game with custom content running it goes into the smaller screen where my game would normally fully launch but instead stays there with the rainbow loading cursor. I’ve given it time and it does not launch. I’ve tried reinstalling it, resetting my origin, repairing it, deleting the cache files, etc. and nothing seems to be working.

Message 165 of 390 (1,426 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Am I the only person getting the " Sims3launcher/strings/kWarn_VerifyEPDependenciesFail: Text" error

Message 166 of 390 (1,496 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@AmilPugh123 I also get that error. The installer eventually pops up for me and installs but it has shut down multiple times mid-install.
Message 167 of 390 (1,482 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@callinda21 I finally got it to work, I just exited Origin and reopened it and it seemed to download my cc, the error still pops up though. But it stills works! I just can't get Sims 3 to work now, it won't even open.
Message 168 of 390 (1,479 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@AmilPugh123 mine also doesn’t open with custom content installed. ): sad because there apparently was a recent update meant to help with issues with custom content and it hasn’t helped my game at all.
Message 169 of 390 (1,476 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@callinda21 I wonder why it's working with everyone else except us?
Message 170 of 390 (1,473 Views)