Re: Problems installing Sims3Packs (TS3 64-bit)

by sunshineeannaa

Original Post

@GabyWaby1257  Please try the suggestions in this section of the guide in the first post:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/Problems-installing-Sims3Packs-TS3-64-bit/td-p/966525...

@sunshineeannaa  When you click Install, what happens?  If you get a second plumbob in the dock, please let me know what you see after the splash screen, when you'd normally get a message about the install process succeeding or failing.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 151 of 402 (670 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

Screenshot 2020-11-08 at 07.15.02.png

I got this file after installing the base game. I surprised that I see Bridgeport loading screen while running the game/ Is that normal? 

Screenshot 2020-11-08 at 07.11.50.png

Screenshot 2020-11-08 at 07.18.44.png

Hmm? Unbelievable? The base game icon was inactive after installing the base game, then repairing in origin  yesterday morning?  Oh thanks I can try the store item today. Standard smile 

Message 152 of 402 (642 Views)

@aodoherty  No idea why it took more than one try to get that file, but I'm glad you have it now.  Please let me know whether you can install store stuff.

I've been seeing the loading screen for my newest pack by release date, whichever that happens to be, so I'm not sure why you'd see a Bridgeport initial loading screen unless you'd also installed Late Night.  This game is weird though.

Message 153 of 402 (636 Views)

★★ Pro

Screenshot 2020-11-08 at 08.18.44.png

No changes. I still cannot install the items. No problem with downloading. Installing is the problem. 

Message 154 of 402 (632 Views)

★★★ Novice

For anyone having trouble with SIms3Packs that you've already had in past games/installs: 

I installed the 64 bit version for the first time yesterday, after my CD-installed one suddenly stopped working. I think i had to install it 4-5 times (with lots of repairs, Origin and OS resets in between), but i finally got my sims3packs to work! 

I was able to see all my items in the launcher, and the second screen with the install progress would show up, but once it finished everything would just say 'critical error'.  Since i still had The Sims 3 folder from my old install, where everything worked fine, I just copied all the contents of the DCBackup folder in my Mods>Packages folder. Opened a Save from that install and everything was there! 

Now I'm just having trouble with the game crashing on Build/Buy mode (KERN_ADDRESS), but one step at a time I guess? 

Specs: Mid-2012 MBP, Intel HD 4000, running High Sierra and my base game/EPs are greyed out in the launcher. 

Message 155 of 402 (606 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@puzzlezaddict when I click install when trying to install a world, no second plumbob shows up. It just starts to grey out all the buttons on the launcher and then I have to restart it. I chatted with EA rep a couple days ago and they said store worlds are still being worked on so I don't think anyone has 64-bit store worlds yet? Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Message 156 of 402 (809 Views)

@aodoherty  What happens when you click the Install button?  If the answer is "nothing," try closing the launcher and opening it again.

@sunshineeannaa  Same as above.  And my store worlds have installed just fine, although I've only tried a few of them so far.  The key is to have the base game icon lit up in the launcher.  If it's not, follow these steps to fix that:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/Problems-installing-Sims3Packs-TS3-64-bit/td-p/966525...

@BrittWentz  I'm not surprised that technique worked for you.  That's a longtime way to convert Sims3Packs into .package-based content, although I believe it doesn't work for store stuff.  The critical error is usually fixed by the approach listed in the link above.

Message 157 of 402 (791 Views)

★★★ Novice

i've followed the steps for the critical system failure error, and my launcher still gives me the error. i downloaded my custom content from the sims resource, and here's the screenshot of the error i'm having:

Message 158 of 402 (785 Views)

@hanluesgf  I can't see the screenshot you tried to post.  Is this the same critical system failure as before?  If so, please check the Installer Data folder you made and see whether there's now a plist file inside.  If not, try repairing the game again.

If that's not the issue, please try downloading one item into a clean folder.  Move your entire Sims 3 folder out of Documents > Electronic Arts and onto your desktop, open the launcher to spawn a clean folder, download a fresh copy of one item, and move it to Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 3 > Downloads.  Then use the launcher to install it.  (If the Install button doesn't work, close the launcher and open it again.)  Let me know whether you get the same error again.

Message 159 of 402 (778 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@puzzlezaddictThanks. I'm still wondering why it works 1 day later? I tried to reopen. the launcher but didn't work yesterday morning but it worked this morning..? LOL Now I got a new issue that I already noticed on AHQ page. I will add my issue there.

Message 160 of 402 (759 Views)