Re: Problems installing Sims3Packs (TS3 64-bit)

by Peege14

Original Post

Re: Can't install cc on game launcher (Sims 3)

★ Apprentice

.sims3pack files should have plumbob icons right? why is mine not showing the icon? 

Message 71 of 400 (1,899 Views)

Re: Can't install cc on game launcher (Sims 3)

@beliebingxxx  The plumbob icon only appears if the operating system knows what application to use to open a particular file.  Since you haven't manually opened any Sims3Packs (at least since you've installed the new version of the game), the association hasn't been created.  It's not an issue.

For the launcher not appearing, please move your entire Sims 3 folder out of Documents > Electronic Arts and onto your desktop, then test.  If the launcher still won't open, repair the game in Origin: open your game library, right-click on the Sims 3 icon, and select Repair.

If that doesn't help either, please post the full specs of your Mac, including operating system, as described here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-3-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting...

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 72 of 400 (1,885 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddictHow do you install an Installer Data File?

Message 73 of 400 (1,941 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I have tried everything!!! I have reset the DNS Cache, RAM, reset Origin, reset the game, uninstalled/reinstalled everything, added the "Installer Data" file, etc. I've even talked to 3 EA workers and NOTHING! Every time I download content from the store I get, "Error downloading content {0}" and every time I try to instal CC, I get "Critical System Failure". At this point, I don't know what to do. Someone please help!!! Frown

Message 74 of 400 (1,933 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
Message 75 of 400 (1,931 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Peege14  Try all of this, together and in this order:

• Delete the Installer Data folder
  • Run the Origin reset tool for macOS
  • Repair the game in Origin: open your game library, right-click on the Sims 3 icon, and select Repair
  • Open the launcher before trying to download a store item
  • If you get an error, create the Installer Data file if it's not there already

If none of this helps, please try installing content into a new user account on your Mac.  Make it an admin account, and use only letters and numbers, no special characters, accents, etc. in the username.

@indrabrahamsz  You don't need to install anything.  Just open the dropdown menu with the gear on it and select New Folder, then name it Installer Data.

Message 76 of 400 (1,924 Views)

Re: Having a problem downloading content from the Sims 3 Store

★★★ Apprentice
@puzzlezaddict Please help me the second plumbob keeps getting stuck. I was able to download all my stuff onto the launcher, then successfully uploaded 16 things, but now when I click install, the second plumbob pops up, but the window doesn't. It is just stuck there no matter what I do.
Message 77 of 400 (1,917 Views)

@dragonlover32  Quit, restart your computer, and try again, this time with only one item at a time.

Message 78 of 400 (1,915 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@puzzlezaddict Still didn't work. When I click on it it says it's not responding and I have to force quit it.
Message 79 of 400 (1,911 Views)

@dragonlover32  What exactly are you trying to do that's freezing the launcher: install more store stuff, install custom content, or something else?  Does the game itself work?

Message 80 of 400 (1,947 Views)