Re: Problems installing Sims3Packs (TS3 64-bit)

by VeroniqueBellamy

Original Post

★★★★★ Guide

When you say "no Installer Data" file, what would that look like, exactly? I ask because this is what I see in my /Library/Application Support/Origin folder.Screen Shot 2020-10-30 at 8.59.41 PM.png

Message 21 of 390 (3,523 Views)

★ Apprentice
@puzzlezaddict I'm trying to install some cc I got from the exchange and nothing happens when I click install. I did what you recommended and nothing worked. also, none of my packs show up for me in the launcher so I think that might have something to do with it? I can still launch the game and play perfectly fine even without cc.
Message 22 of 390 (3,506 Views)

@VeroniqueBellamy  You're in the wrong Library directory.  You need to be in ~Library.  That's why I suggested using Go > Library in the first post.

@melty-kitchen  Please close the launcher, remove all but one Sims3Pack from Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 3 > Downloads, and try to install again.  If it doesn't work, remove that one download, repair the game, and download one new item that doesn't use any packs.  (The "items" tab isn't always reliable, so check the description the creator has posted.)

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 23 of 390 (3,483 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Guide
@puzzlezaddict Oh, okay. In that case, I do have an Installer Data directory full of .plist files.
Message 24 of 390 (3,478 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Pleasee help mee Frown

I already download The sims 3 64bit on the origin. But when I want to install finalizing it on my desktop, it won't do anything. I already restart my mac and quit the origin but it doesn't do anything. What should I do?? Frown

I have never had the sims 3 on my desktop before, and this is the first time I install the sims 3 Frown

Message 25 of 390 (3,461 Views)

Sims 3 64 bit - Can't download and install from the store.

★ Guide

Is anyone else having issues downloading content from the sims3.com store? Anytime I try to, I get this message (attached below). It's v frustrating as I have lots of old content which I purchased and now cannot put into my game, if anyone has any idea how to fix this, it would be greatly appreciated!!Screenshot 2020-10-30 at 16.05.36.png

Message 26 of 390 (3,396 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I tried all the steps of : If you see an Error Downloading Content {0} or critical system failure but nothing worked so far.

currently I'm trying the last step and there is no Installer Data file in Application Support > Origin, how do I create a new Installer Data file?

Message 27 of 390 (3,442 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Trying to figure that out too. Downloads still don't work for me. Hopefully, he/she comes back with an answer

Message 28 of 390 (3,416 Views)

Can't download from sims 3 store on Sims 3 64-bit

★★★ Apprentice

I can't download anything from the Sims Store, each time I get "Error Downloading Content {0} or critical system failure". So, I try to downloading custom content from other sites, and it just says "Sims 3 quit unexpectedly"

Message 29 of 390 (3,402 Views)

the sims 3 store worlds not downloading

★★★★ Novice

have anyone got the sims 3 store worlds to work since the metal 64 bit...mine won't download says error ...

Message 30 of 390 (3,386 Views)