Re: Problems installing Sims3Packs (TS3 64-bit)

by kitkat1819

Original Post

★★★ Novice

Hi, I've downloaded a lot of CC for months and haven't had an issue. Tonight however, the second plumbbob pops up when I click "install" and goes nonresponsive, doesn't install, and also greys out the other buttons. I have force quite 4x, restarted my mac, etc. Didn't have any gameplay issue yesterday. Have "repaired" via launcher. What should I do? I saw something about 4rd party content to bypass the launcher but that's only for PC's, not 64 bit mac. Thanks!

Message 361 of 400 (1,421 Views)

@kitkat1819  Does the content install in a clean Sims 3 folder?  It's worth testing just to make sure the issue isn't the content itself.

If the content works in a clean folder, there's an easy way to transfer it to your current user folder.  There's also a way to convert custom content from Sims3Packs .package files, although it doesn't work with worlds.  But the first thing to try is installing in a clean folder, and we can go from there.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 362 of 400 (1,413 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I don't know if this has been discussed yet, but my game won't work with sims 3 packs. I don't know how to fix it, could I get some help please?

Message 363 of 400 (1,383 Views)

@Pixels2001  What content are you installing that makes the game not work, and what exactly happens after you've installed it?

Message 364 of 400 (1,371 Views)

★★ Novice

Hello. I have a Question. I'm late to finding out TS3 being available on 64-bit until recently. After finally being able to download the game. I go to download the store content I purchased years ago. I was able to install everything but when I went to play after a couple of seconds my game turns white flashing in a sense, I can barely see my sims/the world or the controls to exit the screen. I don't have this issue at all when I disable the content. I was wondering do I need to download the store updates or if there other ways to solve this issue. 

Message 365 of 400 (1,262 Views)

@Yaya1765  The store updates are included in this version of the game.  Did you install anything other than store content?  If so, please remove it.

If not, or if removing the other files doesn't help, please move the entire Sims 3 folder out of Documents > Electronic Arts and onto your desktop.  When you launch the game, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  Before adding anything, please load a save and make sure it runs properly.  Then quit (wihtout saving if you want), install just one store item, and test.  Let me know how it goes.

Message 366 of 400 (1,255 Views)

CC shows up in download but nothing happens when I click install.

★ Novice

Hi. The CC I want to download shows up in the Downloads folder but nothing happens when I click install. I don’t get an error message or anything, nothing happens at all.

I just downloaded the 64 bit version for Mac, could that be incompatible with the CC from 2016 that I’m trying to download?

Grateful for any help.

Message 367 of 400 (858 Views)

Re: CC shows up in download but nothing happens when I click install.

@littlebluberry  Do you see a second plumbob in the dock when you press Install?  If so, click on it, and you'll see the installer splash screen.

If you don't see the second plumbob, close the launcher and reopen it, they try installing again.

Message 368 of 400 (835 Views)

Re: Sims3launcher/strings/kWarn_VerifyEPDependenciesFail: Text

★★ Novice

Did you figure out how to fix this? This is happening to me now, it was working fine now suddenly won't let me install any CC and my installer launcher says not responding. Im on Mac 64 bit

Message 369 of 400 (1,214 Views)

Re: Sims3launcher/strings/kWarn_VerifyEPDependenciesFail: Text

★★ Novice

I'm having the same issue - the CC shows up in my downloads in the launcher but when I hit install I get that error message, and my launcher stops responding until I force quit. I on a MacBook Air. Earlier in the day I had installed other CC and it worked just fine - not sure why it's happening. I've tried repairing the game and making a brand new download file - not sure what to do. Did you end up figuring this out? thanks Standard smile

Message 370 of 400 (1,208 Views)