Re: Can't install Sims 3 Store Store Purchased Content on Mac (64 bit-Metal)

by bakerniyah

Original Post

Re: sims 3 64bit launcher will not install downloaded content

★★★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict I have tried installing one at a time, starting with the smallest cc item and small store items individually.

There is no issue downloading content, it appears in the launcher instantly. The issue is with installing.
Message 351 of 400 (762 Views)

@martian11  The downloads could still be corrupted, although that's less likely if you've tried multiple browsers.

Anyway, do you use an antivirus or a cleaner app on your Mac?  If so, please let me know which one(s).

Please also let me know if your store account is not the same as the Origin account that installed the game.  (Some people have more than one account.)  If that's the case, you wouldn't be able to install the content because it's encrypted, and the base game product key needs to match the one on the store account.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 352 of 400 (748 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict Have now tried using a different mac user account. Without appleID logged in.
I tried using a completely different download from the sims resource. The same download i have used a previous time and it has worked no problem.

The first time the install window opened and it said it was successful but the content did not show in the game or in the installed content list.
When i try and install the same item again, The installer window doesnt show any more. I tried installing store content through firefox browser and it now comes up as an error.

Same downloads that worked when i was on 32bit sims before i upgraded to big sur

Sims3 store log in is the same as ea log in.

I have Ccleaner installed.
Message 353 of 400 (740 Views)

@martian11  While in the new user account, try repairing the game (yet again), then see whether the item that you managed to install shows up in-game.

If it doesn't, please disable any realtime cleaning feature that CCleaner might be running, repair again, and see whether the item works.  One of the files necessary to make store and custom content work is the kind of file that CCleaner might flag as unnecessary or a duplicate, but repairing it should put that file back.

Message 354 of 400 (457 Views)

Re: Problems installing Sims3Packs (TS3 64-bit)

★★★ Novice
@AeiaVio Omg! Thank you so much! That worked for me as well! Ah I’m so happy!
Message 355 of 400 (631 Views)
Highlighted

★ Novice

Hello. I have the 64 Bit Sims 3 downloaded as well as expansion packs but it is saying they are unable to work with the current game installed. Am i able to get entitlement with the expansion packs as well or am i going to have to repurchase them ? 

Message 356 of 400 (605 Views)

@bakerniyah  Your issue is different and has an easy fix.  Please open Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 3, and delete the file labled Version.tag.

Message 357 of 400 (597 Views)

Re: Sims3launcher/strings/kWarn_VerifyEPDependenciesFail: Text

★★★ Novice

Have you figured out a solution for this yet. i am dealing with the same problem at the moment and am finding it quite frustrating

Message 358 of 400 (1,303 Views)

Re: Sims3launcher/strings/kWarn_VerifyEPDependenciesFail: Text

@Charlotte_Erin  Please try repairing the game in Origin: open your game library, right-click on the Sims 3 icon, and select Repair.  Then move your entire Sims 3 folder out of Documents > Electronic Arts and onto your desktop, open the launcher to spawn a new one, download one of the affected Exchange items, and see whether it installs.

If it doesn't, you can link it for me, and I'll try it on my own computer.  Please also list the packs you have installed.

Message 359 of 400 (1,283 Views)

Re: Problems installing Sims3Packs (TS3 64-bit)

★★★ Novice

Hello so i was facing the same issue with all of my sims 3 exp. games and every time i was redeeming my codes in origin i could not play the game as it was not downloading. Therefore, every time i wanted to download an exp. game i was live chatting with ea agents to download my games manually. Hopefully this helps!

Message 360 of 400 (1,071 Views)